A little moan about Knauf

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
We have a job coming up in a couple months where the client is interested in us using MP Finish, so I give Knauf a call asking about getting a couple of sample bags. 'No problem' they say, I then speak to my area rep who also says he'll sort it.
The weeks go by and not a word from Knauf, the rep or Penlaws (where I was due to collect it). I popped into Penlaws and they hadn't been told a thing so I had to buy a bag, which luckily they had just got in for another customer.

People are always moaning about BG (rightly so) so I thought I'd just give Knauf a bit as well.

bg have been alright, lately. i was giving them down the banks about the bags sticking and it was sorted. had a brief affair with the mp finish but was just too far away - 16 mile round trip - to make it worth while. ccf in liverpool. was over there last week getting some OCR - something else that should be more widespread -thought about getting some but thought why bother? you get knauf in wickes - except the finish - under different guises and inflated prices. just sell it in wickes under the knauf name and a trade price ffs. id get it every day then. if its not on the shelves youre not gonna buy it. i feel your pain, andy

We have a job coming up in a couple months where the client is interested in us using MP Finish, so I give Knauf a call asking about getting a couple of sample bags. 'No problem' they say, I then speak to my area rep who also says he'll sort it.
The weeks go by and not a word from Knauf, the rep or Penlaws (where I was due to collect it). I popped into Penlaws and they hadn't been told a thing so I had to buy a bag, which luckily they had just got in for another customer.

People are always moaning about BG (rightly so) so I thought I'd just give Knauf a bit as well.

Thats surprising pal, get in touch with runwithscissors, he was really helpful when I used the MP....

Well today got worse before it got better.
Got to site this morning and decided to skim the little sample board I'd made up for the project manager to show to the next client (the one wanting MP Finish). Rather than just skimming the board I thought I might as well do a wall at the same time, it seemed like a good idea until it flash set with just three'ish m2 first coated on the wall.
Turns out Penlaw had sold us a bag which should have been used by last December! Just what you want on a multi-million pound gaff.
Anyway to finish on a positive note I spoke to my local Knauf rep. whilst back down at Penlaws and he got them to give me a couple of extra free bags and after another chat later in the day I think we may now be on the right track with Knauf.

Hi Andy

Sorry I was not on here earlier - been at Timber Expo first 3 days of the week

Glad that you have had some contact now - appreciate the honest feedback (good or bad) as we all learn from it....

Not an excuse for poor service, but we now have some new people starting in London and the SE. I will send a link to this thread to the regional manager - as you have your website in your signature, they will get back to you.

If you do have any further issues, give me a call direct 07918766577

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.