A not- so-perfect finish - use filler or re-skim?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyhandy

Hi guys,

I'm sure I'm about to receive some sort of abuse for this but here goes...

It's my first attempt at plastering.. had an entire wall to do, was all looking pretty good until I ran out of finish plaster. The skim set a bit too hard for me to re-mould some existing bits enough to flatten the whole wall, so here and there are little maybe 3-4 inches across that are a couple mm's shallower than the rest of the wall.

Most of the wall is pretty good, it's been a couple weeks now and there are no cracks etc, no different coloured patches like i've read on some posts in this forum.

My question is, should I use some sort of filler or do a re-skim. As long as it provides an equal finish and is strong enough to last years I don't mind, I can put wallpaper over it if needs be.

Cheers

as above reskim mate, practice makes perfect, wallpaper!! On new plastered walls!!! How dare you!;-)

lol practice doesnt always make perfect... I seen some rough jobs in my time :)

Reskim it if you can be bother if not just go made with a sander :) Or angle grinder depending on severity.....

went to doctors today about my piles,doctor gave me advice, van going in to garage tomorrow where a mechanic will see to it,have a joiner coming to a job on saturday with me to do some joinery,working with a plumber at the moment who is fitting a bathroom suite,do you see a pattern here andyhandy get somebody in who knows what they are doing,. maybe a plasterer.

Status
Not open for further replies.