Advice for rendering onto painted existing render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveChicken

Hi, I am looking for the best way to render onto the walls of my house. The walls are painted and the render has pattern lines scratched into it.
We are thinking that maybe we can plaster straight onto the walls with the use of a mesh. Does anyone have any ideas or know of a mash to use.
Thanks

Hi, I am looking for the best way to render onto the walls of my house. The walls are painted and the render has pattern lines scratched into it.
We are thinking that maybe we can plaster straight onto the walls with the use of a mesh. Does anyone have any ideas or know of a mash to use.
Thanks

Hi,what render are you proposing to use on your house? Are you gonna do it yourself

Eml can be used to provide s good mechanical key on poor backgrounds the contractor you get to quote will advise what's best needed

Thx for the tip on elm we had thought about this. I think I will go one step further and remove the current render. Does anyone know of a machine, I can hire, that will remove the render. I was thinking that maybe there is something that is a it like a road planner but for walls!

Thx for the tip on elm we had thought about this. I think I will go one step further and remove the current render. Does anyone know of a machine, I can hire, that will remove the render. I was thinking that maybe there is something that is a it like a road planner but for walls!
your doing this job yourself davechick arnt you?????:RpS_sneaky::RpS_sneaky:

No I am preparing the walls for a fussy plasterer to render. Do you know anyone who is very good in the tunbridge wells area.

Refina wall scabbler! Any thoughts on one of these for removing the render.

As the old proverb goes. " if you want a job done properly, do it yourself "

Status
Not open for further replies.