Advice

John j

Mono Don
No cavity upstairs so put insulation boards on 2 of bedrooms so far . Anyway still got cold spot and its caused chaulk to do this.
So whats best stuff to remove all the chaulk and would silicon be better . Old joiner said silicon will still get mould but surely wont discolour like this
1547710039946611993140786291470.jpg

When I've seen that. (modern homes) I've drilled a few holes outside 50mm in. Masking tape everywhere. Shot foam in to push around. It's sticks to wet. Seals. Insulates. Cut back foam when set and remove masking then silicone or filler to make good holes.

Window cill. No cavitys up stairs so like a fridge in here. Plan to insulate exterior but prob be 2020 now or maybe 2021

I can't make head nor tail of the picture but cold spot will attract surface mould. Big problem here because it's fuccing freezing and wet all the time and the Irish think that insulation is for wimps. All blockwork, then float and set.

This is good stuff. I use it all the time, Using it today, in fact.

It's £50 a tin though.

1547711666104.png

This better I want to get the chaulk of View attachment 30902
Can't make head nor tail of what you say either....do you mean caulk?

Go to the DIY store. They have a potion for most things. Then as a temporary fix, try this or a related product...there's two kinds - getter offer and keeper offer. Won't fix your cold spot but it will help.

1547712327555.png

Can't make head nor tail of what you say either....do you mean caulk?

Go to the DIY store. They have a potion for most things. Then as a temporary fix, try this or a related product...there's two kinds - getter offer and keeper offer. Won't fix your cold spot but it will help.

View attachment 30904
Yeah caulk . Got some stuff for mould.
I.m wanting summet to take it of and redo. Think i.ll use silicon though

Yeah caulk . Got some stuff for mould.
I.m wanting summet to take it of and redo. Think i.ll use silicon though
Ask at bnq...they'll probably have some anti mould silicone stuff....you know you can't paint it though, right?

Non in other room but that's fine. Our rooms coldest in house.
Before I put insulation boards on . If we had a bath in winter the condensation would runs down one corner

Definitely the foam trick in that corner as water getting in under on the brick. Fixed a few myself as no ears on outside sill or its cracked around. Tried more silicone on the outside but never worked. Foam did.. Also buy vc175 mould inhibitor. Here £16 or maybe at trade centre near you. I always carry some on van and add to the my normal paints. VC175 Tropical Strength Mould Killer is a powerful, long lasting mould and algae killer which can be added to a wide range of products such as paint, timber stains, textured coatings, grout, mortar and adhesives to prevent the formation of mould and mildew.

Definitely the foam trick in that corner as water getting in under on the brick. Fixed a few myself as no ears on outside sill or its cracked around. Tried more silicone on the outside but never worked. Foam did.. Also buy vc175 mould inhibitor. Here £16 or maybe at trade centre near you. I always carry some on van and add to the my normal paints. VC175 Tropical Strength Mould Killer is a powerful, long lasting mould and algae killer which can be added to a wide range of products such as paint, timber stains, textured coatings, grout, mortar and adhesives to prevent the formation of mould and mildew.
Don't look great on outside tbf.
Actually looks shite glad I don't use that window fitter anymore. Need to get on top of this house
Screenshot_20190117-093043_Gallery.jpg

You can get silicone remover. Don't know if it works on chaulk.
Personally I'd think the only way now is with a blade and clean with wonder wipes or if cill to be painted then just remove from back edge then paint then mastic to back edge with thin bead of silicon. Not on walls as most not paintable
But when re applying less is best.
Dec chaulk ain't ment to be left it will always discolour

Not in that one . And you know what thats only room with problem . But we have window open a lot
Then i would say that is your problem . Needs a constant air flow to keep thing moving . Can you get one retro fitted????

I know . Think i need to bring rendering forward . Just time n money at min . . All roof needs extending as well for it. f**k**g love hate relationship ith this house. Wish i ust had 20 grand and could take a month of to get it sorted

I know . Think i need to bring rendering forward . Just time n money at min . . All roof needs extending as well for it. f**k**g love hate relationship ith this house. Wish i ust had 20 grand and could take a month of to get it sorted
I can totally sympathise with you.
Especially knowing in the back of your head.
It's gonna take a lot longer and a lot more money than we try to fool ourselves with.:tonto:

Need to try and stop the cold or damp first but if you want to remove impregnated mold from silicon or chalk, try this..... It works cause I tried it myself...............