Air holes

Members online

spunky

Private Member
is it just me or has anyone also noticed shitloads of air holes in scraped render lately ?

Are you putting to much on before flattering and serrating it maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mate we’re working off a 6 ft plank, it’s not a major thing I was just wondering if anyone else was getting it we seem to be getting a run of them lately

I normally put first coat on then serrate that then put another coat on wet on wet then serrate that aswell don't seem to get any but do if I end up putting to much on in one go

What are you putting the mono onto?

I did a job putting Kilsaren superbond (like rendaid) onto Parex Microgobetis. Then Kilsaren Mono.

Hindreds of air bubbles.

But never happens when putting parex on Micro.

Just blocks mate it’s as soon as we started next day scrapes and has happened on every job we’ve been on, we’re not even brushing it anymore cause it’d just get stupid

Just blocks mate it’s as soon as we started next day scrapes and has happened on every job we’ve been on, we’re not even brushing it anymore cause it’d just get stupid

Sounds more and more like unmixed material to be honest mate.
How many l of water are you adding per bag?

Are you spraying? Sounds like you are drawing air into your water.

If you prime walls it will help mate ! You need to catch the render a bit softer it will stop the problem

16640668_1258436130918610_4036722679502047672_n.jpg

The reasons can be so many.... I just gave up. My best guess will be too thick top coat. Once you star ruling it off it moves down and creates lots of problems hence I always try to put more with the mesh. All this can be cured with the right suction and good timing when to hit it. In my opinion key coat has very little to do here. But try to hit it late with the ruler and you can be in much biger troubles. Go and figure it out. I am scratching my head every time it happens and adjustments are needed.

The reasons can be so many.... I just gave up. My best guess will be too thick top coat. Once you star ruling it off it moves down and creates lots of problems hence I always try to put more with the mesh. All this can be cured with the right suction and good timing when to hit it. In my opinion key coat has very little to do here. But try to hit it late with the ruler and you can be in much biger troubles. Go and figure it out. I am scratching my head every time it happens and adjustments are needed.

Just blocks mate it’s as soon as we started next day scrapes and has happened on every job we’ve been on, we’re not even brushing it anymore cause it’d just get stup
you don't get them same day scrape ? Like I said it's because the render is to hard

blocks are OK for same day scrape I tend to put a base coat over them then stick 10mm beads on works for me on next day lot of suction in blocks think that's why it can go hard quicker