Andys Gs Mrs here!- He dosent do computers so introducing the Old Patcher!

AnnieR

Right chaps, been on this forum a few years ago - Me, the Mrs is hoping for some serious info please? Know I will get a lot of male comments from some of you, but hey that's plasterers talk towards women, well some. Andys done the whole plastering thing for 30 years now. Grand age of 59, had to take time off because of gout. But up and running now and looking back to getting back to the Plastering scene. Be it Patching and Making Good now. Not that young buck any more! but feel theres a lot of life in the old dog yet to give, even if its two days a week!! or so!! Anyways guys, was wondering if u feel there would be anyone or companies out there who would be interested in employing an older chap part time these days? and maybe he could he advertise on here please, just as a one off please? Me the Mrs thinks hes done some great works in the past, patching and making good I feel is perfect as well. Based in Bedfordshire, now semi retired, just want to help and support me old man, in getting up and running again. or is it just for the young ones now we wonder? Any advice would be gratefully received. If Andy could type, he would nut not a computer chap afraid. Will pass any advice and comments on Cheers Guys!! Happy Plastering!! Annie xx

Seems to me there is always a need for an experienced chap who knows how to solve problems and make good plaster, local builders and small construction firm need them mostly, just be sensible on rate and time at your own liberty, best of luck.

Right chaps, been on this forum a few years ago - Me, the Mrs is hoping for some serious info please? Know I will get a lot of male comments from some of you, but hey that's plasterers talk towards women, well some. Andys done the whole plastering thing for 30 years now. Grand age of 59, had to take time off because of gout. But up and running now and looking back to getting back to the Plastering scene. Be it Patching and Making Good now. Not that young buck any more! but feel theres a lot of life in the old dog yet to give, even if its two days a week!! or so!! Anyways guys, was wondering if u feel there would be anyone or companies out there who would be interested in employing an older chap part time these days? and maybe he could he advertise on here please, just as a one off please? Me the Mrs thinks hes done some great works in the past, patching and making good I feel is perfect as well. Based in Bedfordshire, now semi retired, just want to help and support me old man, in getting up and running again. or is it just for the young ones now we wonder? Any advice would be gratefully received. If Andy could type, he would nut not a computer chap afraid. Will pass any advice and comments on Cheers Guys!! Happy Plastering!! Annie xx

@Marshy. 30-60 it was you said, I do believe?

Hi Annie and welcome! All the best to you both, experience wins out so sure he'll find someone who he is perfect to work with

There's definitely a massive need for someone who can
'make good plaster' I don't know any companies that can.

Seems to me there is always a need for an experienced chap who knows how to solve problems and make good plaster, local builders and small construction firm need them mostly, just be sensible on rate and time at your own liberty, best of luck.
Oh thanks so much - Appreciate your advice - Will work on it :D

Not that old chestnut don’t do computers again another bloke getting his Mrs to ask for a job for him;) serious though try ring a few big firms up go making good maybe explain you only need a few days ect some might take the gamble, plus do you really want him back to plastering will mean you will have to iron his work clothes make his lunch and flask then get bored shitless at night when he tells you how his day has been and how s**t plastering is

Serious though good luck good post

All the best from the forum pest

Pagey

Don’t listen to this fraud he is an ex bank robber done 15 years in the shovel and learnt plastering whilst inside

Don't they call that a 'dirty protest'.

Tried it once when TP ran out of multi but client went mental :raro2:

Nice post Anne ,there’s always a woman behind a good man or whatever that saying is , I’d say set up himself local just in time for spring time boom , so many smaller jobs out there people don’t want to do ,
I’d not bother with big firms or stupid builders tbh can’t see the point but direct jobs to domestic he’d be loving it.

Nice post Anne ,there’s always a woman behind a good man or whatever that saying is , I’d say set up himself local just in time for spring time boom , so many smaller jobs out there people don’t want to do ,
I’d not bother with big firms or stupid builders tbh can’t see the point but direct jobs to domestic he’d be loving it.
Pull your tongue out their arse

Tbh I’ve been laying hedges , season just finished now and will be back on fences and block paving in spring and a bit of brick work

Tbh I’ve been laying hedges , season just finished now and will be back on fences and block paving in spring and a bit of brick work
What about vinceys mobile jet washing??still getting a turn on that?
Driveways ,patios,roofs???

Last edited: