angle trowel problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan123456

ive had my angle trowel about 2 months now and when I use it all it does is gather and leaves a nasty lip :mad:, any tips on how to solve the problem

Run it down the face of each wall on the corner instead of right down the middle of the corner

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Pull it round after you have scratched on, before you lay in other wise your pulling to much material around. Also take the corners off a little with some wet and dry. If your still digging In bend the wings slightly to alter the angle of the trowel.

i always cut the corners off my angel trowels so the two corners are curved,, i just cut then with snips then sand the cut bits down so they are smooth again,, i find this stops you getting the lips

thanks ppl, im hoping that its pretty much new and it just needs a good work in, and yes im from 'up north' :RpS_thumbup:

Lol the great angle trowel topic, my favourite. Just needs wearing in and little bending back of the wings. :RpS_thumbsup:

Jim and Slim's Tool Supplies....:RpS_laugh:

Who names their kid, Slim? He might turn into a lard arse later in life....

yeah, i've seen them on ebay. didn't know the term "angle block", though. might give one a whirl, i think..:RpS_thumbup:

They seem to work best with lime putty finishes, they kind of 'dig in' when you are using them with a veneer plaster, the older angle blocks were a lot nicer than any I seen produced lately, I think the older ones were made out of magnesium and had sharper corners.

If you bend them in you end up turning the corner up behind the bend and ends up even worse, round the corners off and have a go at the edges with a bit of sandpaper

These are just a double ended twitcher, IMHO you'll get a good finish quicker with a two sided internal trowel. Or if you're a rough bugger from up north quicker still with a brush:RpS_lol:

That was a low blow Andrew.....................:RpS_wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.