Any decent sparks?

Members online

Tinytom

Anyone fairly decent with electrics? I’m after fitting some downlights in the kitchen can’t get usual sparky out for 2 months despite me tilling his kitchen for him over Xmas holidays the lazy w**k*r lol
So iv decided to do the job myself how hard can it be? The problem is I’m clueless when it comes to buying the fittings what’s all this ip65 gu10 and all the G** codes?
Also if anyone’s ever done it before is there anything in particular I need to be careful of or any general tips
That is other than don’t get electrocuted and don’t burn the house down
Cheers

Just need fire Rated in the kitchen mate
Piggy back off your first light
But what u got up at mo is it a pendant? If so your have to put wires in a junction box first and then bring a wire out to your first light and then so on
Lighting can be a txxt with switch wires etc so don’t get them mixed up

Just need fire Rated in the kitchen mate
Piggy back off your first light
But what u got up at mo is it a pendant? If so your have to put wires in a junction box first and then bring a wire out to your first light and then so on
Lighting can be a txxt with switch wires etc so don’t get them mixed up
Yeah got a pendant now so wire into a junction box the same as it’s into the pendant then out the other side and round all the spot lights, you just finish at the last 1 don’t you? No need to bring it back into the box?

Stop being a tight arse and get a plasterer in you pr..... o you want to wire your lights how hard can it be! Just turn the electric off!

Yeah got a pendant now so wire into a junction box the same as it’s into the pendant then out the other side and round all the spot lights, you just finish at the last 1 don’t you? No need to bring it back into the box?
Yeah you done by diner then get a plasterer in to do yer ceiling

Why put your family at risk for sake of couple hundred quid!
Nowt to do with the cash it’s getting someone, there not really at risk are they fire rated an you can lay insulation on top of them its all rcd protected

Nowt to do with the cash it’s getting someone, there not really at risk are they fire rated an you can lay insulation on top of them its all rcd protected

Any electrical work can be a fire hazard if not wired up correctly...

Don't f**k with gas or electric...they need to be registered for a reason

Its a nowt job. Sparkys have it easy just coz they need to 'pass things off'.
I rewired all our house. Piece of piss.
Just got a spark to fit mains supply to board and do a quick test.
They think they're trade royalty