any one sprayed tanking

Jamie123

just wondering if anyone spays tanking i do a fair few barn conversions and brushing it on takes a long time thinking of getting a machine to spray finish and wondered if the same machine will spray tanking

just wondering if anyone spays tanking i do a fair few barn conversions and brushing it on takes a long time thinking of getting a machine to spray finish and wondered if the same machine will spray tanking

This is something I have wondered before. Last year we did a 3 coat slurry system in an under ground car park. 180m2 took an age to brush on.

@plasters1stopshop would an eze24 do this?

We use http://www.remmers.co.uk/Product-catalogue.159+M530bee75d6f.0.html

i have seen a vid on youtube of someone spraying it on with a powerful machine almost like he was pressure washing it. was only thinking that if
a machine like the eze or the m100 could spray it then its a big bonus and would save a lot of time brushing

i have seen a vid on youtube of someone spraying it on with a powerful machine almost like he was pressure washing it. was only thinking that if
a machine like the eze or the m100 could spray it then its a big bonus and would save a lot of time brushing

Link???

It was a 2 part pack,1 litre of a white milky product to 1 kg of powder which was probably just cement? Very flexible when dry like rubber. We sprayed the slurry coat primer, the waterproofer and then a thin coat of tile glue so the pebbles had something to stick to all with the ritmo great little machine.

Last edited:
I've recently just got a mTec 100 and we had a few teething problems spraying tanking but after a bit of practice and a different mixing piece we have got it running well we bought the powdered tanking slurry in buckets and worked well saves a hell of a lot of time brushing it on

I've recently just got a mTec 100 and we had a few teething problems spraying tanking but after a bit of practice and a different mixing piece we have got it running well we bought the powdered tanking slurry in buckets and worked well saves a hell of a lot of time brushing it on

Product name?

Has anyone used the sika stuff? Done 1000's of metres of 1,2,3 waterproofing but not used the tanking coat. Thinking of spraying from a hopper gun this week. It's only about 15m2.

Do you spray renders through that machine @Jamie123 ?

One day I will put that blackjack dpm in the hopper gun and will found out if is ok. I just have to find a way of cleaning it:estudioso:

I have only had the mTec for a week so I don't have much experience with machines. From what I have read I think the bigger machines suit renders.im sure someone on here can fill you in. I'm only using it to spay internal finish and tanking.
Vfr 12 when you try it let me know how u get on lol it could take longer to clean machine than to do job

I have only had the mTec for a week so I don't have much experience with machines. From what I have read I think the bigger machines suit renders.im sure someone on here can fill you in. I'm only using it to spay internal finish and tanking.
Vfr 12 when you try it let me know how u get on lol it could take longer to clean machine than to do job
Ok mate.hope you can get along with it.
It took me a few months to get used to mine.
Let us know how you get on with it

Cleaning should take 30 minutes.did you do your training?

The blackjack would need to be cleaned with a solvent cleaner like white spirit. It's just a trade name for a bitumin based product. Same as riw etc

I know nothing about machines but cement based tanking should pump fine and it would be easier to clean after.

I had success with oily cloth. Cleans your hands good, but not sure if it will work with the hopper.

Sorry for dragging this old post up but i found a video of me tanking a mates pool with the Ritmo, i sprayed he broomed it in. We sprayed 2 coats one after the other was a rubberised waterproofer mixed with cement......Didn't take long

View media item 74