Anyone else find life a struggle, nver mind running a business?

Members online

No members online now.

Griff097

The last five years or so (not sure how long in total as my mind is strange) but things start to get better slowly.

For years I pushed on thinking, if I just manned up I would get used to things and get on with work and things would be normal, but the weight keeps piling up!!

I am putting this out there as it's a big killer, especisally in middle aged people, anyone who want's to chat, is struggling wirh normality or anything else, ping me a Private message, it will stay that way I m happy to help fellow trades ;)

I’ll be honest I did get down about some jobs and money too sometimes but as I get older I realise we only live once and to appreciate everyday, I struggle to get up in the mornings I hate getting out of bed but when I do I look round and take it all in , birds in trees , the sky if it’s nice and clear , people watching too , try to enjoy it all ,
Just watched the last kingdoms on Netflix too and thought to myself my ancestors had real stuff to worry about like if they was gonna get killed the next day by a clan of warriors taking over there villages , made me consider myself lucky to alive at this time

A66DA084-A925-4B15-B470-C44AE1B708FC.jpeg

Fair play, not going to call you the obvious as your either r******d or from another century, we all think we are are tough c**ts and get the f**k on with business, but some things overtake us.

Out of interest, hownold are you DTF Interiors? I hope for your sake, you never have to battle the demons I and others have, I have challenged the best in britain and become the Champion in my sport and it was easier than just staying alive in recent years, i you thin that's a joke and a bit 'G**' then maybe we should meet for you to be educated or give your Dentist some overtime?

Your either, young, sad or very fortunate, whatever you are, don't mock as I for one have a very low threshold for people mockong me.

I’ll be honest I did get down about some jobs and money too sometimes but as I get older I realise we only live once and to appreciate everyday, I struggle to get up in the mornings I hate getting out of bed but when I do I look round and take it all in , birds in trees , the sky if it’s nice and clear , people watching too , try to enjoy it all ,
Just watched the last kingdoms on Netflix too and thought to myself my ancestors had real stuff to worry about like if they was gonna get killed the next day by a clan of warriors taking over there villages , made me consider myself lucky to alive at this time
Damn that's deep

Mate I’ve spent my time,
Had more regret in my 37 years in life then happiness!
Came from f**k all! And made something of my life, with no help nor family!
But I can still laugh and take a joke,
As for a time I was the joke!
Won’t be nothing,
Won’t achieve nothing,
Won’t have nothing etc.

As for mocking you I don’t know you too mock! So it ain’t aimed towards you just banter,
As for “my dentist having overtime”

That’s so G**!!!;)

right boys we are all working class peasants the governments arrange that so just make the best of what u got or become politition and join them/ to quote Charles dickens he said when he was looking around London at buildings why do the people that create such beuty end up in poverty / things have not changed and never will make the best of what u got the system will beat u /sorry

The last five years or so (not sure how long in total as my mind is strange) but things start to get better slowly.

For years I pushed on thinking, if I just manned up I would get used to things and get on with work and things would be normal, but the weight keeps piling up!!

I am putting this out there as it's a big killer, especisally in middle aged people, anyone who want's to chat, is struggling wirh normality or anything else, ping me a Private message, it will stay that way I m happy to help fellow trades ;)
I'm with you mate. Plenty in the same boat. Had 3 serious breakdowns over the years. I'm an alcoholic and not had a drink in over 5 years , I've never drunk in the morning. There are different types. Those that drink in the morning and those that binge. The definition of an alcoholic is - if when you take your first drink you cannot stop and drink to oblivion then there's a good chance you're an alcoholic like me and several others on here. I know a woman at AA who only drinks once a month but when she does she ends up in a hedge. She's an alcoholic. Good luck.. jump in the lifeboat. Change is good.... less is more. As for the G** talk, they can suck my fucken schwang.

I hope for your sake, you never have to battle the demons I and others have, I have challenged the best in britain and become the Champion in my sport and it was easier than just staying alive

Whatever were your 'demons' that you battled and got you so down?

Same here I watch game of thrones and thank god we don't have dragons anymore

It's hard work being self employed
.. everybody is literally against you...

I think most get down days but youbjiat need to find a way to get back up again
But then the answer if you cant hack it is....Don't be self employed.

Don't think it's just being self employed , I take work too seriously and couldn't stand the " that'll do " attitude of co workers when working in other professions , came to the conclusion I just rub people up the wrong way

You mean the 9-5 mentality. But its always been the same and its how they leave it behind at 5pm. These people do not suffer.

Throw 90% of your collected garbage (possessions) in the local tip, sell your house so you dont have postman delivering demands everyday. Buy a motorhome and find a minimal job on a nice campsite that pays your pitch and leccy. If you want some extra beer tokens help the local guys or do a week or two on a site.

Best thing we ever did, you don't need much dosh when 80% of it isn't going to corporate wan....s you've never met for things you don't need, 100 quids become like 5's

We need more people like you mate

Throw 90% of your collected garbage (possessions) in the local tip, sell your house so you dont have postman delivering demands everyday. Buy a motorhome and find a minimal job on a nice campsite that pays your pitch and leccy. If you want some extra beer tokens help the local guys or do a week or two on a site.

Best thing we ever did, you don't need much dosh when 80% of it isn't going to corporate wan....s you've never met for things you don't need, 100 quids become like 5's
Same as me, no pressure of bills , no doing jobs I don't like or for people I don't like, got a field that's practically my own nature reserve , sleep in my transit , beer from lidl , tesco reduced and keep a freezer full , no takeaways home cooking as like a natural environment , part of your mind medicine

Good point tbf , it’s unreal the amount of stuff we buy and don’t need

What about an address for post and a doctor and bank etc,etc etc

Havagojo
The knackered old Transit (but with full freezer)
Muddy Field
The Swamp
Nowhere

Havagojo
The knackered old Transit (but with full freezer)
Muddy Field
The Swamp
Nowhere
Paradise , for me , not for many others , I'm on permanent holiday , going to work is a joy , I'm getting paid to go to the gym.
Did about six weeks on site in the summer , parked up next to Clapham common London , outgoings were about £40 a week , was earning £ 800 after tax
Freezer in barn , got buildings but park in the wild end , deer and fox etc , you keep your house I'll keep my stress levels down :):)

Paradise , for me , not for many others , I'm on permanent holiday , going to work is a joy , I'm getting paid to go to the gym.
Did about six weeks on site in the summer , parked up next to Clapham common London , outgoings were about £40 a week , was earning £ 800 after tax
Freezer in barn , got buildings but park in the wild end , deer and fox etc , you keep your house I'll keep my stress levels down :):)
Sound good

I know I am only ribbing you.

Dont blame you mate. Did similar long ago.
Have done the normal house thing but had 2 breakdowns trying to keep up , kids married a few years ago so don't have as much responsibilities , couldn't wait to cast off , going to build a boat this year , another option to the rat race, still legal to do that

Hey always wanted to do that. An aluminium one. Last year I was going to get a fibreglass sea fishing project and completley strip it and redo it. They get sold cheap leading up to xmas due to storage and cash. Watched loads of Youtube vids on similar.

Fucken brilliant, admire you. I have that spirit in me. I live near the ridgeway, I spend a lot of time out there. I have a family so it's about compromise, but i take the freedom where I can get it.