Anyone?

Members online

Fatarm

Trainee mod
Know what this is?
DSC_0113.JPG
DSC_0112.JPG
Looks like wires imbeded in the plaster?...

Looks like an early damp proof attempt regard the cable "slightly live"to preventry moisture from rising up? I'm shite at this ask our good mate @Arti marra blurke

those round discs at the base of the wall, the only time i have seen those was the rentokill attempt at a damp course, it was based on that all dampness was static electricity. the copper wires ,about a quarter of an inch width were connected to an earth stake, driven into the ground . you may be able to see this close to property on the external. 1970s

Osmotic damp proofing. All the scientific evidence suggests it's bollox, but it still gets fitted occaisionally. There are two types, passive (as @malc describes) being the most common, and active (live low voltage).

There are a lot of 'snake oil salesmen' in the damp proofing industry. o_O

those round discs at the base of the wall, the only time i have seen those was the rentokill attempt at a damp course, it was based on that all dampness was static electricity. the copper wires ,about a quarter of an inch width were connected to an earth stake, driven into the ground . you may be able to see this close to property on the external. 1970s
Osmotic damp proofing. All the scientific evidence suggests it's bollox, but it still gets fitted occaisionally. There are two types, passive (as @malc describes) being the most common, and active (live low voltage).

There are a lot of 'snake oil salesmen' in the damp proofing industry. o_O
I've seen the voodoo electric magic wire externally, just a thin copper wire..down where you would find a dpc.
But never seen this method internally?
Cheers chaps(y)...
Must say tho.. It must have been effective ..it's sucked up all the moisture that much it's made the plaster fall off:LOL:

Are them disc's at the bottom plastic vents?? Seen them vents a few times. Not sure how effective they are. Specially when some t**t had tiled over the last ones I saw. Pmsl

Hello der!! Yeah bud good an busy! Finally got a van and signed it up! Was working out the back of a toyota corolla for years!! It's gone to cameroon now to be a taxi........ I digress.......... how's things with you? what did I miss?! :coffe:

Hello der!! Yeah bud good an busy! Finally got a van and signed it up! Was working out the back of a toyota corolla for years!! It's gone to cameroon now to be a taxi........ I digress.......... how's things with you? what did I miss?! :coffe:
You've missed nowt.,Same shite..different members ;)...

Toyota corolla:LOL:

I s**t you not. Gotta say though, great car. Absolutely refused to die. You wouldn't believe the amount of shite I used to fit in it!

are them polishing buffa's anygood on the tranny.............been meaning to splash oot on a lidl one but never get round to it.................how many 8x4's can you get in a corolla .........................:coffe:

Buffa's great! They're in aldi. Ha, I could get 15 1800x900 in so :p