Bad paint job

Members online

megamix

Went back to a job today to skim a utility room out. I skimmed the kitchen extension about 6 months ago and thought I’d have a look at my work whilst waiting for my set to pull in , as you do . Anyway they had painted it themselves cos they are tight arses and it’s shocking . Roller and drip marks everywhere . I frog taped the bi folds and they covered them with paint . Why do people do it ? . I was gutted . It was some of my best skimming flat as a witches tit .

Dont let it worry you, you have been paid for your work the rest does not matter.

Gutting isn’t it. Seen it so many times. Had a bad one last year old lath n plaster ceiling she didn’t want it boarded it was f**k*d. Spent the day on it replacing laths floating the majority of it out. Skimmed it all curved into wall etc was absolutely perfect.

Came back some weeks later to skim bathroom and looked at it and nearly threw up. She’d painted it with a fence brush.

She said “what’s wrong” obviously my face said it all. Told her to f**k**g sand that paint down get all lines out n do it properly

Gutting isn’t it. Seen it so many times. Had a bad one last year old lath n plaster ceiling she didn’t want it boarded it was f**k*d. Spent the day on it replacing laths floating the majority of it out. Skimmed it all curved into wall etc was absolutely perfect.

Came back some weeks later to skim bathroom and looked at it and nearly threw up. She’d painted it with a fence brush.

She said “what’s wrong” obviously my face said it all. Told her to f**k**g sand that paint down get all lines out n do it properly
Worse thing about it it was for builder who has really high expectations and he did the job from start to finish everything was bang on right up to the very end and they have just undone everything with a roller

Went back to a job today to skim a utility room out. I skimmed the kitchen extension about 6 months ago and thought I’d have a look at my work whilst waiting for my set to pull in , as you do . Anyway they had painted it themselves cos they are tight arses and it’s shocking . Roller and drip marks everywhere . I frog taped the bi folds and they covered them with paint . Why do people do it ? . I was gutted . It was some of my best skimming flat as a witches tit .
It’s soul destroying mate. I will never understand why customers scrimp on the finishing of a job.