Bad plastering and plasterer refusing to fix it or even come look

Members online

So it’s gone from 250/300 a day 5 days a week x 52...

now it’s days off for weddings and can’t fill your diary.
see what I’m saying....everyone brags.
40k a year is a more sensible figure!!! Now we have found someone normal in lurpak.

so that’s more like 180 a day which is what I believe more than this fantasy £400

thanjs
Ffs there's always an odd day or 2 a year that plans change and you could work but can't fill the day for one reason or another. And yes plasterers have days off, shock horror. So it probably averages out you've worked around 45 weeks out the year. And yet again noone has said 180 a day other than you!

So it’s gone from 250/300 a day 5 days a week x 52...

now it’s days off for weddings and can’t fill your diary.
see what I’m saying....everyone brags.
40k a year is a more sensible figure!!! Now we have found someone normal in lurpak.

so that’s more like 180 a day which is what I believe more than this fantasy £400

thanjs

Mate.. literally no one has bragged? I dunno how you are misinterpreting everything so much?

Out of interest Luke.. what do you charge on average?
Midlands area...£160-170 a day £750_800 a week. And believe me my work is good. I’m busy always. Some of that may be down to price but the finish is there too. I perhaps don’t lay as much on as some of these fantasists but I do believe you can’t go to someone’s house and ask for £400 a day to plaster.

Midlands area...£160-170 a day £750_800 a week. And believe me my work is good. I’m busy always. Some of that may be down to price but the finish is there too. I perhaps don’t lay as much on as some of these fantasists but I do believe you can’t go to someone’s house and ask for £400 a day to plaster.

so
Im mids.
I can get you that much labouring for groundworks

Mate.. literally no one has bragged? I dunno how you are misinterpreting everything so much?
The brag was £400 a day / £75k a year.
im not annoyed because I know nobody is earning £400 a day Plastering. I think most are averaging what I earn a day. I talk to real life plasterers regular so I’m fully aware what the rates are.

My mate lives in Solihull, asked me to skim his living room at short notice and I couldn't help him out. He ended up paying £760 to get it done, plasterer and labourer for a day and half

im not annoyed because I know nobody is earning £400 a day Plastering. I think most are averaging what I earn a day. I talk to real life plasterers regular so I’m fully aware what the rates are.
You're quoting things you said as if we'd said them. This is bizzare

Sounds to me like he’s fuming at what he earns.

Personally I love knowing there’s spreads out there earning good money

Definitely.. I think you average more than me mate and I think it's great, makes me aim for more.

I used to be like Luke.. had in my head a set day rate regardless of job, absolutely idiotic way of running a business.

Luke.. how much would you charge to skim a 4m x 3m standard bedroom (4 walls, 2.4m ceiling height)..

so

Im mids.
I can get you that much labouring for groundworks
You’ve just said 40k a year Plastering now you’re saying you’d get more labouring on
My mate lives in Solihull, asked me to skim his living room at short notice and I couldn't help him out. He ended up paying £760 to get it done, plasterer and labourer for a day and half

Yeh but your mate has been ripped off let’s face it. I doubt they find people as thick as your mate very often who’d use someone who’s available tomorrow.

remove water damaged ceiling. Re board. Skim. Skim all walls. £550 . Was home at 3.
2406B489-177D-49C7-85C3-C4AC47ADBDD3.jpeg
7E1D98B9-D4FB-41F2-B521-65E1ED64555C.jpeg

Definitely.. I think you average more than me mate and I think it's great, makes me aim for more.

I used to be like Luke.. had in my head a set day rate regardless of job, absolutely idiotic way of running a business.

Luke.. how much would you charge to skim a 4m x 3m standard bedroom (4 walls, 2.4m ceiling height)..

well it pays for my privatelyowned house and holidays so it can’t be that idiotic.
Depends what area they live, car on the drive etc. You won’t get champagne money on council estates

Well the original brag was 52x250/300. Now all of a sudden it’s changing to 40 :)

12 weeks off a year. Alright for some :)

I think this old argument about why shouldn’tplasterers earn what electricians do is the fact you need less tools, less knowledge, less qualifications (none really) electricians are regulated by a body, plasterers aren’t so anyone can plaster at anytime (builders/bathroomfitters/decorators/handymen) they can all do their own plastering if they like.
Plumbing is similar. They are needed in emergencies, their work could cause serious damage if done in correctly or in cases of gas lives put at risk.
What a load of b*ll***s about plasterers not being able to charge what sparky’s do because of tool outlay! Bullshit Lol. It’s only because of the bottom feeders of the trade now that in some areas Plastering rates have been run down! Decent spreads with a good reputation can still charge whatever they like because it’s a quality service you will receive and people will always pay more for that rather then a £120 day rate bottom feeder that’s a rough b*****d!

Would you like to see some of my invoices? Skimmed a bedroom out for a regular customer last week and took just over £400 labour for two sets..

Boarded and skimmed a 20m2 ceiling few weeks back for around £400 labour.. days work..

You’ve just said 40k a year Plastering now you’re saying you’d get more labouring on

Yeh but your mate has been ripped off let’s face it. I doubt they find people as thick as your mate very often who’d use someone who’s available tomorrow.
He felt he was being slightly robbed at the time, they ended up doing a bang on job and his
well it pays for my privatelyowned house and holidays so it can’t be that idiotic.
Depends what area they live, car on the drive etc. You won’t get champagne money on council estates
You change your rate based on what car they drive? Jesus, what a way to run a business

no I want to see all your invoices stating you earn £400 a day please. That was the initial brag. You might get off jobs where u Rio the customer off but not regular

For the last time.. not every job warrants it.. I can't go and charge £400 to skim a 4m2 bathroom ceiling.. or a downstairs toilet.. so filling everyday with the right job is impossible.

Would you rather work 48 weeks a year at £160 a day, or 40 weeks at £250-300?

Yes because everyone has a budget or a max spend. Hence why you have primark and Armani.
if you get called out to quote on a council estate then don’t expect £400 a day
I charge accordingly for the job not on how big the house is or what they drive. And tbh rich people are usually the tightest people

I’m happy to work more weeks in a year as I’d feel like a fool sitting at home watching judge rinder whilst my wife goes to work all day. its more customers too so more leads.

Yes because everyone has a budget or a max spend. Hence why you have primark and Armani.

Then don't work on council estates..

Don't adjust your prices to suit the customer.. the customer pays what you are worth, if the ones with no money can't afford you, then sadly they can't afford get the work done.. that's their problem not mine.

You need to up that day rate my friend!

I’m happy to work more weeks in a year as I’d feel like a fool sitting at home watching judge rinder whilst my wife goes to work all day. its more customers too so more leads.
Earn a proper wage and you're wife wouldn't need to work full time lol

Why? Go to the gym.. do your hobbies.. work around the house, go on day trips and long weekends away..work is a means to an end, it's not your life.

Why do you need more customers when you are already busy all the time and limited to earning £160 a day for the rest of your life?

There's only so many jobs you can fit into a year.

Luke I know decent spreads of the older generation who are happy plodding @£130.

I know lads who run a gang who are on over a 100k
a year.

I know lads that just tack and dab who dont get rebates but tax Bill's.

I know a fella who earns between £300/£600
,just metaling.

renders who sub work on between £1500/£2500 a week.

I could go on and on mate.

it's a big world out there.

What a load of b*ll***s about plasterers not being able to charge what sparky’s do because of tool outlay! Bullshit Lol. It’s only because of the bottom feeders of the trade now that in some areas Plastering rates have been run down! Decent spreads with a good reputation can still charge whatever they like because it’s a quality service you will receive and people will always pay more for that rather then a £120 day rate bottom feeder that’s a rough b*****d!

ive met a few sparks all said it’s spreads earning the doe now

£40k a year for plastering I’m happy with that thank you. Hardly going to be on this money for the rest of my life. Of course money goes up

Why? Go to the gym.. do your hobbies.. work around the house, go on day trips and long weekends away..work is a means to an end, it's not your life.

Why do you need more customers when you are already busy all the time and limited to earning £160 a day for the rest of your life?

There's only so many jobs you can fit into a year.

I love how so many people think they are businessman of the year but only had the brain ability to be a plasterer

£160 - tax = £128. That’s bottom feeders money right there!! Sorry but that’s a disgrace to our profession. Ffs Have some self worth and respect mate and up that day rate!!