Bands round windows

carys

Done bands round Windows and dashing up to them many times before. certain Customer asked me to put bands round windows on top of pepeldash. Never done this before has anybody done this way before. Don't think it problem . Any suggestions?

Had that boyzone round the other week had to open the window and tell them to f**k off.

Yes, and its just a matter of making sure that your finished edge of the band is clean. Found it easier to do on a pea dash rather than chip. Older pea dash is a lot looser and you'll know to scape any loose peas off.

Yes, and its just a matter of making sure that your finished edge of the band is clean. Found it easier to do on a pea dash rather than chip. Older pea dash is a lot looser and you'll know to scape any loose peas off.
Luckily it smallest dash on it. Thinking of using beading becouse it on dash what do you think?

Luckily it smallest dash on it. Thinking of using beading becouse it on dash what do you think?
Me personally I don't like bands done with stops and angle beads. It's easier, once the beads are spot on its pretty much job done bar than to seal round the stops.

Me personally I don't like bands done with stops and angle beads. It's easier, once the beads are spot on its pretty much job done bar than to seal round the stops.
The beads are suppose to be spot on. I just thought becouse it going on top of dash it be a nicer finish?

The beads are suppose to be spot on. I just thought becouse it going on top of dash it be a nicer finish?
Of course the beads are spot on, not sure what you're on about there. I don't think it looks natural with beads, looks like an addition.

Of course the beads are spot on, not sure what you're on about there. I don't think it looks natural with beads, looks like an addition.
Sorry m8 wording the sentence wrong your rhight. Trouble if I'm going to do them free hand il need a labourer

Why, use wood to form the face of the band. Then set up your angles and finish. Remove your wood formers and clean off any overspill.

Sorry m8 wording the sentence wrong your rhight. Trouble if I'm going to do them free hand il need a labourer
If you wet the back of the rule you can stick it to the face of the band to coat your head and reveals. Just set it on give it a Light wiggle to hold it in place, keep corner of hawk lightly on the rule when coating it so it doesn't slip. Dutch pins make it easier but u mightnt want to use them. As they be into the dash, could make background bolst.

Why, use wood to form the face of the band. Then set up your angles and finish. Remove your wood formers and clean off any overspill.
I've dome so many myself before. Just find less of a struggle when you got a hand. I'd rather be my self do two windows a day and take my time and do a nice job becouse you can't rush the job it very time consuming doing bands

If you wet the back of the rule you can stick it to the face of the band to coat your head and reveals. Just set it on give it a Light wiggle to hold it in place, keep corner of hawk lightly on the rule when coating it so it doesn't slip. Dutch pins make it easier but u mightnt want to use them. As they be into the dash, could make background bolst.
Your rhigt m8 don't whant to stick nothing in to dash. I've decided to take my time free hand glad I asked the question. Nothing worse when you can't decide what to do my ocd again lol. Good advice from two of you. The two of you sound like old school to me

I'm 34?we do a lot of sand cement, and i was. Shown that way so don't need to rely on a lab holding rules for you unless it dries too quick then it won't stick good that way. Generally I use the pins but that's coz our bands are always on new work or hacked off lol. Free hand will look better mate, 100 percent. Nice sharp corners

I'm 34?we do a lot of sand cement, and i was. Shown that way so don't need to rely on a lab holding rules for you unless it dries too quick then it won't stick good that way. Generally I use the pins but that's coz our bands are always on new work or hacked off lol. Free hand will look better mate, 100 percent. Nice sharp corners
Your a spring chicken then. I'm 44 next so it a good age to be in plastering old school an d modern way. Bet old plastrers that have passed away be shocked whith tools materials we got today.

Finished my bands on top of existing pepeldash. Glad I did them free hand whithout labourer it was hard but got ther in the end

Attachments

• IMG_20190313_140000.jpg
    IMG_20190313_140000.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 660
  • IMG_20190313_140014.jpg
    IMG_20190313_140014.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 435
Did the cement not make the dash look minging where you cut it back? Not a problem if they're going to paint it.