Base coat goes off too quick

Ftp321

Why does base coat go off so quick through the my ritmo, as soon as it hits the wall it's hard to work with but when you hand apply it hangs around for ages?

You probably have water setting to low , what’s it at when you spray ? They all say wetter better tbf I look around 250 setting on mine if you are around 180-200 probably to low and a lot harder to work

Yes exactly the same to 250 the consistency is good when it comes out,it just seems to pull in twice quicker through the machine than hand apply

Yes exactly the same to 250 the consistency is good when it comes out,it just seems to pull in twice quicker through the machine than hand apply
Base starts setting as soon as it stops being played with, run serrated edge through it soon as and bed the mesh in the teeth marks

I'm relatively new to machines I did 120m yesterday and I feel like a 90-year-old man today trying to keep up with the gear going off, just feels like breaking it into two days handballing is easier but I've brought the machine so I've got to get on with it and make it earn its money

I'm relatively new to machines I did 120m yesterday and I feel like a 90-year-old man today trying to keep up with the gear going off, just feels like breaking it into two days handballing is easier but I've brought the machine so I've got to get on with it and make it earn its money
Tom take a chill pill, what base are you spraying?

What are you spraying onto? Could it be sucking in?
It doesn't make any difference what I spray onto if I hand apply say 5 m and right next to it on the same background spray 5 metres the sprayed render has gone off twice as quick,
I can handball a 2.5 m by 5m scaffold bay drop back and mesh it with ease but would have to do half that when spraying, I don't understand it the consistency is right.

It doesn't make any difference what I spray onto if I hand apply say 5 m and right next to it on the same background spray 5 metres the sprayed render has gone off twice as quick,
I can handball a 2.5 m by 5m scaffold bay drop back and mesh it with ease but would have to do half that when spraying, I don't understand it the consistency is right.
Just make it wetter ? most guys new to machines ,set it up like they hand ball it ,wetter mate

When I've sprayed Johnstones it's had to be canny pissy
I have to try and make it like piss then only problem is it's very messy then,
What size cap do you use and how do you have the air nozzle set on mate

Try spraying piss wet. When u are spraying what m2 of hose u have on and what bar pressure are you getting on the pressure gauge.

We have used the ritmo with the hose over scaffold into a tub and hand applied from tub with polymer base coats, saves masking so much, seemed effective.

How to set the airline
Screenshot_20190823-204851_WhatsApp.jpg

Try spraying piss wet. When u are spraying what m2 of hose u have on and what bar pressure are you getting on the pressure gauge.
It's a 15 metre hose on a ritmo m I didn't take note of the pressure, can't work the photo out mate looks like you've got a flat headed screwdriver on the end of a cap?

It's a 15 metre hose on a ritmo m I didn't take note of the pressure, can't work the photo out mate looks like you've got a flat headed screwdriver on the end of a cap?
Where my thumb hits the side of the cap and the flat head hits the inside of the cap. That's how far the airline needs to be back. So when u do what I did in the picture. Put the flat head in the hole of the cap so your thumb hits the top of the cap get the airline to hit the flat head inside the cap that's how far it should be back. Or just get a pft key.

Where my thumb hits the side of the cap and the flat head hits the inside of the cap. That's how far the airline needs to be back. So when u do what I did in the picture. Put the flat head in the hole of the cap so your thumb hits the top of the cap get the airline to hit the flat head inside the cap that's how far it should be back. Or just get a pft key.
say again mate?

Machines sound like a right headache!
so far mine is proving to be a massive headache, I was spraying a large shop on Wednesday the machine kept tripping the electric out shopkeeper was going mad saying he's losing custom and everytime I touched the machine to try and figure it out I got electrocuted had to go in the shop and buy some marigolds

so far mine is proving to be a massive headache, I was spraying a large shop on Wednesday the machine kept tripping the electric out shopkeeper was going mad saying he's losing custom and everytime I touched the machine to try and figure it out I got electrocuted had to go in the shop and buy some marigolds
Least you gave him a bit of business buying marigolds :LOL: some people!

I had that in 2016 it was an earthing problem on the plug. An electrician will find it. Consider getting new cables they don’t last forever.. I had lots of tripping problems in 2017 all down to knacked flex cables. 4mm for the Ritmo is a bonus 2.5mm for the water pump. Get the plugs and sockets done right.