Bathroom plastering

Members online

Bignorm

Hi guys, I'm after some advice re plastering a bathroom
It's a refurbishment, some back to brick, some old sand and cement and some old plaster with tile adhesive stuck to it.
The room is very small, so don't want to d and d. I'll be tiling floor to ceiling so was wondering what the best method would be to make sure the tiles don't pull the plaster off the wall?
Thanks in anticipation
Norman

Hi guys, I'm after some advice re plastering a bathroom
It's a refurbishment, some back to brick, some old sand and cement and some old plaster with tile adhesive stuck to it.
The room is very small, so don't want to d and d. I'll be tiling floor to ceiling so was wondering what the best method would be to make sure the tiles don't pull the plaster off the wall?
Thanks in anticipation
Norman
Pretty hard to say without pictures. If bits are back to brick there's a decent chance the rest isn't all that solid either though. If it sounds at all hollow then hack the lot off an either dot and dab or hardwall. You say you don't want to lose the space of dot and dab but by the time you hack the render off you'll probably only lose 5mm per wall

Sounds like you need to knock it all off and start again . If you do , put cement board on all area that are going to be tiled and plasterboard and skim the rest . Pictures would help.

f**k me. I was just going to post about bathrooms.

Place I'm in, the building has moved.

What to fill this crack with? Do I have to worry that it's a bathroom?

Fcuk knows what happened to my flash.