Bathroom render

Rutlandsi

Hi guys
We have a 1945 semi and have extended the bathroom 18 inches.
Stripped everything out, old plaster skim damaged in places, patches back to brick and also where we extended.

Original intention was to rip all old plaster off and Marmox board, however the original won't even come off with sds chisel (unlike the rest of the house which falls off easily).
Even behind the toilet, where lumps came off with the tiles, what's left is hard to remove so we have patches back to brick but not a full area to board.

Therefore, it may be best to render exposed brick and stick within 20kg tile limit.

sand and cement seems best, can I use this to patch what's there?

I usually use hardwall but s&c is better for bathrooms but is it ok with what's there and the 1940s mortar/brick?

Thanks muchly for any help from those that know!

Attachments

• IMG_2164.JPG
    IMG_2164.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 376
  • IMG_2210.JPG
    IMG_2210.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    918.4 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Ideally though I'd prefer not to loose the board+adhesive from the room size as the bathroom is quite small.
I wondered if a rough render of the holes, then using Marmox 6mm over it, directly fixed with the special "pins" into the wall would be the best way of getting a flat surface.
https://www.tileexperience.co.uk/marmox-multiboard-6mm-pack-of-8-600x1250mm
This would take the min amount of space from the room.

It doesn't look quite as bad now as I've removed the old tiles, the toilet and green plaster you can see in the photos. (which is where the bath goes so this area isn't too important)
Thanks for your input, appreciate all opinions