Best practice (drying method )

bilge

I will be having a ceiling skimmed after I have boarded it (i will start another thread for that) but one thing I came across after reading many pages including the "cracks in newly skimmed over-boarding" 5 page epic is drying out too quickly may cause cracks.
So my question is what is the best way to carefully control the way to dry a skimmed coat. -it will be December or Jan.
What do you tell your customers
Rad off and windows open
Rad on windows open
Rad off windows shut

Thank you - a bit of common scene really I suppose slowly slowly, I was wondering if very slow was the best practice - like no heat and very little ventilation door shut small crack in window, for any wet work that I have done I usually keep an eye on the condensation on the window.

I will be having a ceiling skimmed after I have boarded it (i will start another thread for that) but one thing I came across after reading many pages including the "cracks in newly skimmed over-boarding" 5 page epic is drying out too quickly may cause cracks.
So my question is what is the best way to carefully control the way to dry a skimmed coat. -it will be December or Jan.
Rad off and windows open
Rad on windows open
Rad off windows shut

Are you an engineer by any chance?

Rad off for first 12 to 18 hours then open windows a bit in the day. If you want to help drying get the summer fan out to move the air in the day

they live in bubble land. Had a few telling me they’re perfectionists then seen their shitty boarding

Guy i know fathers in law was an engineer and he said he always pisssed himself when he used their loo as the guy had boxed the pipework in under the toilet sink. He said it was just a load of little boxes all glued together covering every twist and turn in the pipework like an MC Esher painting.

papier-peint-cube-mc-escher.jpg

It's a skim on boarded ceiling in f**k**g december or jan . I.d want f**k**g radiator on so I wouldn't freeze and get done quicker

Rad off and windows open
Rad on windows open
Rad off windows shut

When sticking it on I like all the heating off and then when it is on get the heating back on...

When drying it all out I like to use dehumidifiers and crack the window open...

Its only skim so not rocket science :D

I Prefer to allow plaster to dry naturally but there's no need to freeze in the cold weather either.....as long as it's turned down till dry.....