Best Rendering Solution for Winter Application

KimLowden

Hi, I need a plasterer in the Milton Keynes area to rendering a couple of external walls which are currently breeze block.

Firstly, I'm looking for a plasterer and secondly I need advice on what's the best product to use for this time of year.

Thanks,
Kim

Sand and cement probably won't go off fast enough. even with loads of accelerator in it will set full of water.

If it is sand and cement then a manufactured one put on as late as you can. Finish next morning.

The safest bet is a monocouche. But not Weber, and put on late finished next morning first light.

Sand and cement probably won't go off fast enough. even with loads of accelerator in it will set full of water.

If it is sand and cement then a manufactured one put on as late as you can. Finish next morning.

The safest bet is a monocouche. But not Weber, and put on late finished next morning first light.
Not Weber ?funning how i do it year in year out John ?you f**k it up once and advice the world not to use it !lol

Not Weber ?funning how i do it year in year out John ?you f**k it up once and advice the world not to use it !lol

I never f**k*d up Keith, and with your experience of Weber I am sure you have mastered Weber for all year round use. But the OP wants a plasterer. The inexperienced will want time and Weber is the fastest setter going. Not always the best for an overnighter.

Shakespearen xx

I never f**k*d up Keith, and with your experience of Weber I am sure you have mastered Weber for all year round use. But the OP wants a plasterer. The inexperienced will want time and Weber is the fastest setter going. Not always the best for an overnighter.
Wrong choice of wording John , I do apologise

Polimer render the time f the year......or ..........whatever @malc says:D

winter is the time of year for EWI, it starts about oct. till april as the councils start to spend their money. they try to make interest on it to the last minute.
you can work all through the winter as the tower blocks are protected with green netting , roof on the scaffold, and heaters placed on the scaffold. protection of work was part of an apprenticeship. we were always told if you are able to get to the site then you are able to work.

Best bet to get reputable renderer round to see the job and then he will recommend what's best. Nothing worse than going to see a job and the customer has been online filling there heads with all sorts of info from different sources. Leave it up to the guy who comes out to see the job.

Agree with Granty tbf let the guy who quotes your job sort it , tbf this week it’s 10c plus here I’m spraying on Thursday and Friday ocr no bother