Best system over flat painted s/c

CeeVee

Whats best to go over sound painted flat s/c?
Never done any thincoat...how do you get to find out about them?

Thanks chaps.
How the hell do you get to find out about and even use these things?
Do you try them out or go on training days?

Thanks chaps.
How the hell do you get to find out about and even use these things?
Do you try them out or go on training days?
find out what system u want to use... i.e vimark.. jub parex krend..
once you done that youll want...

the primer...pre grit.. apply same as you would blue grit interior.
set your beads up.
apply the basecoat..(i like to rule with a serrated spat.).
lightly bed your mesh on top.
light flatten with a speedskim.
1-2mm skim coat over the top to flatten surface.
let dry approx week.
1 coat primer paint.
then appply your topcoat

Reactions: Djr
I did a job at Halfway last year what was sound painted flat render. I used a Jub thin coat system. Simple to do and if it is big enough area, your Eze will be ideal.

I can advise, give me a call.

Might be worth you ringing Alex vimark ceevee, the arenino thin coat if I’m correct doesn’t need a primer , Jub parex I’ve not used but think they same as Weber they need primers which obviously cost a bomb

I'm going to be honest I've gone straight onto paint without primer a few times with weatherby adhesive etc just literally scratched on enough to accept mesh then silicone 1.5 over top

I have always said Wetherby is my favourite thin coat and is brilliant to apply in any conditions. In this case I will go for the haired basecoat . Vimark on the other hand do not guarantee going over painted surface, parex does.

Not all paints can be rendered over even using parinter etc, it's the applicators job to determine the suitability.

I did a job at Halfway last year what was sound painted flat render. I used a Jub thin coat system. Simple to do and if it is big enough area, your Eze will be ideal.

I can advise, give me a call.
Guy called Nigel?...

Last edited: