Block paving

Members online

Hiya

Firstly I am breaking the first rule of the plasterers forum but I need an idea on a price for block paving.

I don't like to waste people's time and hate getting quotes for work just to see if I can afford it...

Any ideas what I should expect for m2 rate? As a guideline so I can have a quick tally up :)

Hiya

Firstly I am breaking the first rule of the plasterers forum but I need an idea on a price for block paving.

I don't like to waste people's time and hate getting quotes for work just to see if I can afford it...

Any ideas what I should expect for m2 rate? As a guideline so I can have a quick tally up :)
For f**k sake there's always one!
It's no different to plastering mate, how can you expect a m2 rate when no one knows how many metres need doing.

@stuart23 is your man he’s about to spend big big big bucks digging out and filling in the hole he dug to than put slabs on
Instead of just getting a joiner in to deck for two days

I was told by a local builder that block paving materials works out cheaper than concrete per m2 by a long way

Five minutes on Google says different. Concrete £70m3 so £7 M2. As opposed to £20-30+ M2 for block.

Setting aside hardcore and blinding the other difference will be labour.

You can put it down yourself can't you?

If you spill a lot, just use gravel instead?

Five minutes on Google says different. Concrete £70m3 so £7 M2. As opposed to £20-30+ M2 for block.

£4 for a Guinness in my local :birra:

Have it done in resin . Me and my brother has drives done at same time two years ago . I had block he had resin . Mine has sunk in places lost some colour and will need resealing and sanding soon . His still looks brand new

Get back to the pub farter!

All depends on if it's for a drive or not. A big difference in price if it is. As I found out . And quantity. Any half loads get charged for as well. Think I paid £80m3 for foundations I had a large quantity and paid half cash deal. For my drive it was twice that. Thought he was robbing me untill I rang around.

All depends on if it's for a drive or not. A big difference in price if it is. As I found out . And quantity. Any half loads get charged for as well. Think I paid £80m3 for foundations I had a large quantity and paid half cash deal. For my drive it was twice that. Thought he was robbing me untill I rang around.
Might be a good point. It's been a very long time since I laid a drive.

There are loads of options. I used to use minimix who was a little bit dearer ... trouble with him was he always seemed to be a little bit light. Even on things like paths where you know to the teaspoon how much you need.

There's barrowmix too, who'll mix on site and barrow it in. Easy but dear.

Cheapest, knock it up yourself but that's a LOT of concrete. Probably best to get @Andy g to do it in floods of tears.

So say for 10 meters by 10 meters at 6 inch thick thats just shy of 16 cubic meters of concrete

So 16 cubic meters is needed for 100 square meters and based on this sites https://householdquotes.co.uk/a-guide-to-concrete-prices/ prices of about £65 a cubic meter

16 x £65 = £1040 divide that buy 100m = £10.40 a m2

still go all the groundwork before as well and probably some drainage

Not cheaper to diy

Oh yeah I can lay it no bother... and reality is the cost is not too much of an issue as its all deductible and we earn 8% on it but I dont really want to do it myself...

Decided that this year I will be taking a hands off approach to things...

So say for 10 meters by 10 meters at 6 inch thick thats just shy of 16 cubic meters of concrete

So 16 cubic meters is needed for 100 square meters and based on this sites https://householdquotes.co.uk/a-guide-to-concrete-prices/ prices of about £65 a cubic meter

16 x £65 = £1040 divide that buy 100m = £10.40 a m2

still go all the groundwork before as well and probably some drainage

Lordy lordy. You parking tanks on it?

Blocks are nice if its on show and its easily repairable , Just like overskim , prep is the key to long term performance , tree roots?
Concrete is cheapest , easiest , use some dye and be a bit artistic , footprints ,hand prints , paw prints

Who knows... some of it will have high load of traffic on it

Well I'm certainly not a engineer but blocks aren't going to cut it if you need 150mm of concrete. Not on the same substrate anyway. That much is plain to see.

Who knows... some of it will have high load of traffic on it
Better add fibres to the mix as well. About another £8 m3. Ring a concrete firm ask for drive mix per m3. Think you should have aspirin on ready for the blood pressure.