Blue grit, pre grit, cemetone plasprime.....

ballsdeep

Used Feb bond blue grit for the first time the other day. It felt heavy the aggregate/grit compared to wickes which I'd always used but was going for something cheaper. Application wasn't as smooth as wickes, I applied with a brush though. Is it best applied with a mid pile roller? What's the choice product you lads favour, out of all the agents?

Bought half dozen tubs of a grit by cromar alfra chem I think it's called. Orange colour

Total shyte

Too thin and runs terrible(did mix it well) ....so mixed it with some blue grit 50/50.
I've now got a blue grey grit ...result

Wickes and microgobetis is the same gear.

As is knauf betokontakt, it used to say it on their pdf tech sheets.

Used some plasprime x recently, the exterior black/grey stuff.

More rubbery than a liquid.

Gonna try mapei's version next.

Cementone / bostik for me.....
Blue grit doesn't apply even and is hard to cover, bg one is to dear, the yellow bond-it one runs down the wall....

I use the Everbuild blue grit as I grit my re-skims/paint/artex so I use a lot and get it at a good price but I have used the Cementone one and it's really nice to use but if you want your blue grit to apply easier just warm tubs up if you can,trouble is this time of year especially in back of vans it's cold n damp and it's like rollering clay but warm em up and you'll notice the difference will roller on much easier n nicer.

Cheers lads about the other product I've not heard of, microgobetis . I was looking forward to using the blue grit but was disappointed how stodgy/ thick porridge the texture was. Thanks for the warming it up tip.

Used Feb bond blue grit for the first time the other day. It felt heavy the aggregate/grit compared to wickes which I'd always used but was going for something cheaper. Application wasn't as smooth as wickes, I applied with a brush though. Is it best applied with a mid pile roller? What's the choice product you lads favour, out of all the agents?
I use a mix of SBR & PVA, ive never understood the benefit of pregrit especially when the grit makes you have to coat heavier