Board lifters?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23452

I'll need to get a board lifter for the job we're on, 2.8 m ceiling height and it's all going to be fire board. Given the amount to do I think it'd be worth buying rather than hiring.

So which makes are recommended or to be avoided?

I've got this one..had it about 5 years,dont use it every day but does the job.about £160 if I remember correctly.
20200111_103057.jpg

Think I remember @essexandy .had a right heavy duty one?

Imago @Fatarm is spot on.
We originally bought one of the cheap ones, it didn't last long and nearly caused a nasty accident.
We then bit the bullet and bought a Levpano II. It is bloody brilliant! 15mm fire board on high ceilings are a piece of piss.
Even putting normal boards up at normal storey heights is just so much less effort.
Quite simply I won't tack without one now.
We got ours through Stuart at ukplasteringmachines. He's a real good guy to deal with.

We use the levpano ll lift, recently double boarded 100s of m2 with fireline, no quicker but made the job a doddle at 3.2m high, expensive though.

not far from you Larry.

Funnily enough I've got that on my watch list. (y)

Imago @Fatarm is spot on.
We originally bought one of the cheap ones, it didn't last long and nearly caused a nasty accident.
We then bit the bullet and bought a Levpano II. It is bloody brilliant! 15mm fire board on high ceilings are a piece of piss.
Even putting normal boards up at normal storey heights is just so much less effort.
Quite simply I won't tack without one now.
We got ours through Stuart at ukplasteringmachines. He's a real good guy to deal with.

I'd seen the Levpano but as with anything it's better if you get a recommendation.

The reason I'm getting a lifter is the height of the ceilings and weight of the boards mean it'd be a sh1t job to board. Teetering about on hop ups or ladders holding 40 kg over your head all day falls into the 'I won't ask anyone else to do something I wouldn't' category.

I bought one of the cheaper ones and the thing was a death trap, very spindly and wobbly

That's what I want to avoid, the one's I've seen are like trying to balance a pool table on the end of a fishing rod. I hired one a few years back and it was spot on as it was a much more robust thing. I'll see if I can get one of those Levpano as it'll be worth it.

That's what I want to avoid, the one's I've seen are like trying to balance a pool table on the end of a fishing rod. I hired one a few years back and it was spot on as it was a much more robust thing. I'll see if I can get one of those Levpano as it'll be worth it.
Here you go Larry, what could go wrong :frenetico:
Screenshot_20200111-144535.png

What!! Never mate hahahahaha!!!.
I could justify £300/£350 max, £800 is a lot of money for a board lifter imo. I got a new one of the cheapos for £125 delivered and cant really fault it mate?
You'll fault it when the c**t breaks and drops a board on you. Our cheapie missed my son by about an inch. No warning, just went. One of the internal pulleys that you can't even see broke.

I'll need to get a board lifter for the job we're on, 2.8 m ceiling height and it's all going to be fire board. Given the amount to do I think it'd be worth buying rather than hiring.

So which makes are recommended or to be avoided?

The Axminster ones are ok.

I paid £340.00

Right now £245.00