Bonding on top of dot and dab pb

Members online

No members online now.

Andy257TT

Hi all,

Ive had crack at dot and dabbing a room and it turned out ok apart from one wall where it was a bit awkward to get level. Some of the boards are just slightly raised butted against each other and not quite level.

Can I put some bonding direct onto plasterboard to even out all the bumps before I get a pro in to skim it all?

I’ve read various do and donts about bonding and letting it dry solid or bonding and skimming same day to avoid suction problems. Also, should I tape before bonding or after bonding.

Thanks

Andy

Hi all,

Ive had crack at dot and dabbing a room and it turned out ok apart from one wall where it was a bit awkward to get level. Some of the boards are just slightly raised butted against each other and not quite level.

Can I put some bonding direct onto plasterboard to even out all the bumps before I get a pro in to skim it all?

I’ve read various do and donts about bonding and letting it dry solid or bonding and skimming same day to avoid suction problems. Also, should I tape before bonding or after bonding.

Thanks

Andy
Let the pro sort it.

Hi all,

Thanks

Andy

Essentially yes you can.... bonding coat is designed for low suction backgrounds.... however if you have struggled with the boarding then you will probably really struggle at using bonding.

Getting a wall smooth is easier than getting it flat and smooth. If you’re struggling to dab boards flat, then you probably won’t find it easier to bond them flat before skimming.
Actually, that’s what @Danny has just said.