Bonding

Members online

carys

Over skimmed a artex ceiling yesterday haven't done this way for years half multi quarter bonding It OK if you got other things to do took ages to go off. Next time il stik to my other way three coat of skim unless it a big ceiling

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_095645.jpg
    IMG_20190209_095645.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 430
  • IMG_20190209_095641.jpg
    IMG_20190209_095641.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 302
They don't sell that in my merchant haven't seen that before what the difrent?
Had a look not cheap for what it is. Double price. Don't think customers pay for that if other does same job for half price.

Over skimmed a artex ceiling yesterday haven't done this way for years half multi quarter bonding It OK if you got other things to do took ages to go off. Next time il stik to my other way three coat of skim unless it a big ceiling

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_160529.jpg
    IMG_20190209_160529.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20190209_160533.jpg
    IMG_20190209_160533.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 206
good to see you've gritted the painted artex as well for your prep..........how it should be done.

Such a f**k**g clueless mug you are.

@carys it’s £3 more a bag here . Says sets in 60min but more like 30.

Pva ceiling. Get tools out get ready. Tight coat of bonding 60. Clean tools knock up skim ans it’s ready to go in 30. Skim . All done in 3 hours.

Never had an artex ceiling or artex wall over skim fail.

That grit means you can’t skim same day so you’re doing 2 days for 1 f**k**g ceiling

Such a fkg clueless mug you are.

Pva ceiling. Get tools out get ready. Tight coat of bonding 60. Clean tools knock up skim ans it’s ready to go in 30. Skim . All done in 3 hours.

That grit means you can’t skim same day so you’re doing 2 days for 1 fkg ceiling
I blue grit the day before not keen on pva these days u pva can take artex or paint off nothing worse skiming paint artex coming off at least whith blue grit you can see how solid the paint work or artex is the next day depends on job if it small ceiling day job il pva it.

Nice mate. Multi finish? I’m getting those white lines lately too.
This house is freezing tho

I blue grit the day before not keen on pva these days u pva can take artex or paint off nothing worse skiming paint artex coming off at least whith blue grit you can see how solid the paint work or artex is the next day depends on job if it small ceiling day job il pva it.

I’ve used it just found it took so long to apply on a big ceiling

Nothing to worry that just fat from over trowling just to make the painter life harder

It’s not fat lol. Can’t feel it and it goes when dry. Just looks ugly inbetween. This gears been left in a freezing house tho

It’s not fat lol. Can’t feel it and it goes when dry. Just looks ugly inbetween. This gears been left in a freezing house tho

View attachment 31721
You don't feel fat when it been over trowel. When you get caught out it goes off you use more water. That the trouble if you use to much water you don't get that straight flat finish. But once painted and it looks OK who going to worry how the skim looked.

You don't feel fat when it been over trowel. When you get caught out it goes off you use more water. That the trouble if you use to much water you don't get that straight flat finish. But once painted and it looks OK who going to worry how the skim looked.
I've never used water apart from in me kettle and a wet brush to angles

Such a fkg clueless mug you are.

That grit means you can’t skim same day so you’re doing 2 days for 1 fkg ceiling

f**k off Slurpy.............take your inflated ego elsewhere.

f**k off Slurpy.............take your inflated ego elsewhere.
So everyone who uses PVA is doing it the wrong way? Skimmed over 100s of artex ceiling and guess how many phonecalls I've had to complain?

And I really don't think a customer is going to mind paying an extra fiver for a bag of bonding 60 when you're already charging them an extra £5-10 to use blue grit. "Its £25 materials? I was expecting £20. f**k off" The ceilings done in not much over 3 hours and in one visit so surely that's cheaper than 2 visits and about 5 hours work? Not to mention the customer needs to clear the room or you have to dustsheet it all for an extra day

I don’t use any water mate. I know exactly what you mean but that isn’t what happens. Sometimes it goes all cloudy too. Once gears got cold it never the same .

You are right, shouldn’t care how it looks as paints fine. but i always have

So everyone who uses PVA is doing it the wrong way? Skimmed over 100s of artex ceiling and guess how many phonecalls I've had to complain?

And I really don't think a customer is going to mind paying an extra fiver for a bag of bonding 60 when you're already charging them an extra £5-10 to use blue grit. "Its £25 materials? I was expecting £20. f**k off" The ceilings done in not much over 3 hours and in one visit so surely that's cheaper than 2 visits and about 5 hours work? Not to mention the customer needs to clear the room or you have to dustsheet it all for an extra day

I've always gritted paint/artex prior to re-skimming.

In my opinion,that's how I think it should be done.

I've never said anyone that uses PVA is doing it wrong.

we all have our own way.

It's just that Slurpy thinks he's gods gift to spreads and he's right and everyone else is wrong and no one else is entitled to their opinion and that's what i don't like about him....comes over as a smart ass, has done since day one.....an ultimately makes himself look a c**t in the process.

You and others on here might be taken in by him and be dazzled in his * magnificence * but he doesn't fool me.

I'm surprised he's got time to do any work........spends all his time on here stroking his f**k**g ginormous ego.

we all have our own way.

It's just that Slurpy thinks he's gods gift to spreads and he's right and everyone else is wrong and no one else is entitled to their opinion and that's what i don't like about him....comes over as a smart ass, has done since day one.....an ultimately makes himself look a c**t in the process.

You and others on here might be taken in by him and be dazzled in his * magnificence * but he doesn't fool me.

I'm surprised he's got time to do any work........spends all his time on here stroking his fkg ginormous ego.
Joking aside I stroked something ginormous this morning :rock:

we all have our own way.

I'm surprised he's got time to do any work........spends all his time on here stroking his fkg ginormous ego.

Theres a little bandwagon of lurpy hates lol it’s you @Gibbo @Ritch and a few others. It’s sooo cute, I cannot pick a favourite tho. Gonna be honest, gibbo was doing well lately but you’ve upped your game again so it’s a really close call which one of you I’m gonna let rim me first.

I’ve never said I’m a good plasterer once. I am never truely happy with my work. And my confidence stems from respect toward the legend who trained me up.

And in his opinion, and mine too. Pva is all you need 99% of the time. All these other products are just trying to recreate the wheel. Have you seen the f**k**g price of thistle grit lol!? And nowhere stocks it but pva is everywhere.

You’ve clearly had some failures with pva artex. So rather than learn and correct things you blame pva and use grit. Bad workman blames his tools

we all have our own way.

I'm not taken in by him. I just don't understand why anyone would want to go to someone's house after a days work. Dustsheet up their floor and furniture to paint a load of gritty s**t on the ceiling. I'd be putting £50 on every job if I was having to do that

Theres a little bandwagon of lurpy hates lol it’s you @Gibbo @Ritch and a few others. It’s sooo cute, I cannot pick a favourite tho. Gonna be honest, gibbo was doing well lately but you’ve upped your game again so it’s a really close call which one of you I’m gonna let rim me first.

I’ve never said I’m a good plasterer once. I am never truely happy with my work. And my confidence stems from respect toward the legend who trained me up.

And in his opinion, and mine too. Pva is all you need 99% of the time. All these other products are just trying to recreate the wheel. Have you seen the fkg price of thistle grit lol!? And nowhere stocks it but pva is everywhere.

You’ve clearly had some failures with pva artex. So rather than learn and correct things you blame pva and use grit. Bad workman blames his tools
I dont hate you one bit I just like pulling your plonker cause your ego is so huge