Boston Ma. Based 3rd year Plasterer needs work, any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katbertolino

Hello,
I am a third year plasterer in Boston Ma. I am with the local union here but have never worked for it. I try to get my own jobs, but mostly I work, plasterer/laborer, for other plasterer. I often end up going from plasterer to plasterer due to the lack of them having steady work and find myself in a bit of a situation. Each plasterer has their own way of doing things, but I have found a semi steady gig with a guy that is basically telling me everything I know is wrong. I also end up rushing and my work has been bad lately. I'm really good at plastering and am very disapointed in myself for my performence. But I just can't seem to relax. What should I do? Should I do everything this guy says, go with what I know or do what feels right to me. Please help, I have three kids, a wife and no savings so I can't lose this gig. Thanks for your time,

Christopher C. Forbes

Hello,
I am a third year plasterer in Boston Ma. I am with the local union here but have never worked for it. I try to get my own jobs, but mostly I work, plasterer/laborer, for other plasterer. I often end up going from plasterer to plasterer due to the lack of them having steady work and find myself in a bit of a situation. Each plasterer has their own way of doing things, but I have found a semi steady gig with a guy that is basically telling me everything I know is wrong. I also end up rushing and my work has been bad lately. I'm really good at plastering and am very disapointed in myself for my performence. But I just can't seem to relax. What should I do? Should I do everything this guy says, go with what I know or do what feels right to me. Please help, I have three kids, a wife and no savings so I can't lose this gig. Thanks for your time,

Christopher C. Forbes

i you cant afford to lose the gig, then go with the flow till something better comes along, or you could just ask the spirits for guidence

Hello,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you get the english sense of humour :)

I had the very same issues when i started... one of the spreads in the gang would tell me one way and the other would call it out saying it was rough...

I told the rough one to leave me alone and let me get on with it and if it looked bad at then end then I would take his advice.... :)

Just relax though and enjoy what you do, don't panic don't rush leave a perfect finish...

maybe the chap telling you your wrong is jealous of your skills??

Good luck

Danny

PS what sort of plastering do you do in the US? Can you show us some pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.