Breaker recommendation

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
I hire these Bosch and decided to just out right buy one but wanted to know if anyone would recommend anything better before purchasing one
Thanks

I bought a jcb one ages ago for a oner. Next time I’d spend way more on something better. Some tools it just needs to be done

I hire these Bosch and decided to just out right buy one but wanted to know if anyone would recommend anything better before purchasing one
Thanks
The bosh are really good and all the hire shops generally use them so can't go wrong really only other on par are hilti in my experience!

Had a cheapo off ebay used on many house refurbs no problem , no worries if it gets nicked , only 5j impact but only weighs 8kg and render is no problem have taken up 4" screed with ease

Thanks

we have a bosch breaker it is ok for ground work but to heavy if you want to knock off render.
for render we hire the lightest ones available.

Thanks
Hilti

Buy a Bosch or makita it will last you 10 years plus £300 quid ish plus vat, I’ve a 16 year old makita one I must have used 100s of times, only thing I’ve done is replace the brushes.
I don’t get the hiring of breakers if you have the requirement for one it’s insane,
Buying one is against tax to start with, so costs you nothing as it’s expenditure, you then charge it to the customer as a hire, So you get money back, then the worse case senerio, Bosch, makita etc you can sell all day long second hand so you get paid again.

I used to have Bosch 5kg but my last one broke down on ots second job. Worn ring gear on the armature and the warranty does not cover wearable items!

Hilti is good for lasting years and they can repair usually within 72 hours. Although it will come back fully reconditioned at £300.

Hilti also do a good leasing package.

If you are employing then look into how long the constant trigger action is. The Hilti te500avr is 29 minutes and is best in its class. Look into the trigger time on your chosen machine and put it into your rams and h&s policy.

I used to have Bosch 5kg but my last one broke down on ots second job. Worn ring gear on the armature and the warranty does not cover wearable items!

Hilti is good for lasting years and they can repair usually within 72 hours. Although it will come back fully reconditioned at £300.

Hilti also do a good leasing package.

If you are employing then look into how long the constant trigger action is. The Hilti te500avr is 29 minutes and is best in its class. Look into the trigger time on your chosen machine and put it into your rams and h&s policy.
I think the new makita ones I have are around an hour. I’m chas so luckly I don’t have to submit rams often these days.

When I started I had 2 of the hilt T72 they were great and had drill function too.
I bought a couple of Bosch breakers about 18 years ago and thier better for hacking off and still going strong, so I only use theT72 for heavy duty drilling now.
More up to date models may be better ?

I’ve got a Bosch one same as the picture @Vincey. Brilliant bit of kit. Expensive new though I bought mine second hand.
Tbf I started looking to buy after you said just buy one and owls did a few years ago to me on a similar thread at the time , always stayed in my head every time I picked one up from hire shop

That’s the thing with cheap breakers, the trigger action will be less.

There are two times. Constant trigger and a total in an eight hour shift. 129 minutes on the Hilti and also there is then a break time.

I've got 2 dealt ones
1 is a cheaper corded version that's been going years handy for hacking off.

I've just bought the new 18v brushless model as well which comes in handy when you don't want cables hanging all over the place.

The cordless actually beats the corded version as well.

There are Bosch 5kg available on Ebay.

230v £358.00 plus delivery I think. £19.00 postage from germany

High score from seller too!

They are the nuts for me, I've knocked the b*ll***s out if them on solid stuff.

Had a nice makita years ago, lasted well until stolen. HM0860C it was.

Discontinued it so bought the Bosch.