BT phone cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger33

BT are wanting £120 per house for extending the metal eye that attachers the phone cable to the house,before we insulate,as anyone else had to pay this to BT as its expence i never priced in.

we used to do that or if it had enough slack move it to the facesha but no they,ed seen it now and apparantly have just won a high court case against a council in the north east against tresspass on BT equipment so its BT who have to do the work

Tiger is right, we have been working with Knauf Insulation on some local jobs recently. Part of the price that has been worked in is the Phone lines for BT. Whatever you do don't touch the cause BT will take you to court!!

I think it's a relatively new thing and BT have seen that there will be quite a high demand for this....

Aye came across this issue - they all think their is a slice of the Funded EWI pie to be had and they are acting like utter *****.

120 per house for that little job is where the most money in funded EWI will be made

Stuff em! I use frame fixings and the biggest eye bolt I can find. If not a good piece of wood behind the insulation and long screws.

Cheeky sods!

BT have a legal ownership of the cables and connection, they will take you to court if you touch them yourselves! Heard that a large company got taken to court recently over 1000 properties that they had done without informing BT... Big money at stake!!!!

No, I am not having it!

A good chunk of wood behind the insulation and decent fat screws know one will know. Or at least good decent plugs that can take the weight and pull.

I have been stung by BT in the past so sod em! and as for those bleeding sat dishes! Snapped one this week and it caused mayhem. A family having to go without Sky tv for 1 night, ever been there? They turn from nice customers to nasty buggers!

Now I am collecting a range of those flimsy plastic brackets, don't want this hassle again!

No, I am not having it!

A good chunk of wood behind the insulation and decent fat screws know one will know. Or at least good decent plugs that can take the weight and pull.

I have been stung by BT in the past so sod em! and as for those bleeding sat dishes! Snapped one this week and it caused mayhem. A family having to go without Sky tv for 1 night, ever been there? They turn from nice customers to nasty buggers!

Now I am collecting a range of those flimsy plastic brackets, don't want this hassle again!

weve had loads of issues with satalite dishes when fixing ewi systems and standard renders,
I now stipulate that is is not our position to move or re-fix them.

weve had loads of issues with satalite dishes when fixing ewi systems and standard renders,
I now stipulate that is is not our position to move or re-fix them.

I stipulate that in my contract already and have done for years. But they say surely, you can work round them! Then when you do knock them out of line or break the end bit off all of a sudden they say they never read the small print and besides you have still broke it so you fix it or you don't get paid!

Well I fixed the dish yesterday and she rang me to say it still didn't work (she is 83) and she is going to get Sky in to fix it so I told her to turn the sky box off and on again. Rang back and it works but no apology.

Well a bit of good news!

Went passed a Sky engineer this morning and he was taking down an old dish. I asked him for the end bit after explaining my recent problem and he went to his van and gave me 3 each of the 2 types Sky uses. They always carry around spares so maybe an idea to get asking your local sky engineer after giving him a bad luck story. :RpS_cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.