Bubbles in plaster

IMG_20180511_160728.jpg IMG_20180511_160718.jpg IMG_20180423_160552.jpg IMG_20180423_160545.jpg IMG_20180423_160536.jpg
this is what I've done so far upstairs I'm no wind up just looking for advise on the large ceiling that's all

Don't get me wrong mate that's why I'm putting it right and not jumping on my horse and riding off into the sunset

The thing is the damage is already done!!!!

If you couldn't control first time on plaster board then you ain't got a prayer 2nd time on bare skim.

If you genuinely do care then you should have the decency to pay another plasterer to sort and be humble and put it down ad a learning curve!

Agreed with Zombie ‍♂️

Looking At the pictures it doesn’t look bad? Is is riddled with bubbles all over

Peterborough mate

Looks like my bullshit radar was accurate as ever.

I saved the pictures to my phone to zoom in and see the bubbles.. it shows the time and location on them. Pictures taken in Hungarton, an hour from peterborough.

Also you’ve never heard of taping and doing half n half. I’ve never done this but of course I’ve heard about it
Posting about a 6sqm ceiling previously and now banging out 47s on tod? Pictures show a good looking ceiling too.

Full of shite, but the real question is why? pretending to he a plasterer wtf

Attachments

• F231166E-C1D0-43FB-A414-20DCE3670B86.jpeg
    F231166E-C1D0-43FB-A414-20DCE3670B86.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 223
Looks like my bullshit radar was accurate as ever.

I saved the pictures to my phone to zoom in and see the bubbles.. it shows the time and location on them. Pictures taken in Hungarton, an hour from peterborough.

Also you’ve never heard of taping and doing half n half. I’ve never done this but of course I’ve heard about it
Posting about a 6sqm ceiling previously and now banging out 47s on tod? Pictures show a good looking ceiling too.

Full of shite, but the real question is why? pretending to he a plasterer wtf
I'm not pretending to be anything I asked about the 6sqm ceiling as I didn't know if there was any other way to seal it other than PVA. This time I asked about the bubbles I was getting as I had never seen it before. Big deal I didn't know about the taping method you learn something new everyday as they say. I have done plenty of plastering over the last 6 years and I've gradually gone from small rooms too bigger and this is the biggest yet. I come on here for advise not too be called a bullshitter.

I'm not pretending to be anything I asked about the 6sqm ceiling as I didn't know if there was any other way to seal it other than PVA. This time I asked about the bubbles I was getting as I had never seen it before. Big deal I didn't know about the taping method you learn something new everyday as they say. I have done plenty of plastering over the last 6 years and I've gradually gone from small rooms too bigger and this is the biggest yet. I come on here for advise not too be called a bullshitter.

Nothing adds up though. Capable of that big ceiling alone but never seen gear pimple before?

Just split it @Dave king . Prob twice . Least worse case you got to lines to sand out.
1 skim 1st bit pull tape of at end and clean snots of
2 i always keep a mm ish from line with first coat some times 2nd coat and just fill it when flattening stops getting fresh skim on side you.ve just done .
3 when done i.ll give joint bit of hammer to make sure.

Just split it @Dave king . Prob twice . Least worse case you got to lines to sand out.
1 skim 1st bit pull tape of at end and clean snots of
2 i always keep a mm ish from line with first coat some times 2nd coat and just fill it when flattening stops getting fresh skim on side you.ve just done .
3 when done i.ll give joint bit of hammer to make sure.
Nice one cheers john

You will get bumps in the finish plaster when the of a has been applied too thick and has dried sufficiently that if it start to fail come away from the surface it causes the bubbles you talk about.

These aren't the air bubbles you can get when going over backing coat. Those can be troweled out when firm.

These can't the only way to remedy it is to cut them all out and either reskim it or fill and snag it if it's only a couple.

This also happens with artex and new walls that have been painted but not sealed properly

Experience is s wonderful thing! Lol

Hi all
I plastered a large ceiling yesterday 47sq m it was on plasterboards that had been up for around 4 weeks. I pur PVA on the boards as they had been up a while. I kept getting bubbles in the plaster all over the ceiling and even had a couple of chunks just fall off. Does anyone know why this happens?
47 mtr on your own can you video it for me to see dum f**k

Thanks all for your encouraging words and helpful tips I hot it done using the tape method with a lad mixing for me long day but got it sorted