Members online

Think years ago it was but things have changed now,around here I noticed it’s all down to relationship you have with the manager or whoever is serving behind the counter, a lot of stuff is better bought online and smaller independents do give good better value for money

Nothing too big but I've just had a job come in for two houses so a lot of materials will be needed.
Any ideas on where to get pallets from and bulk materials with big savings

We have accounts but spend a fair bit, there’s no chance we’d have the cash flow to front materials. We don’t usually pay merchants until we’ve been paid if we can help it

Nothing too big but I've just had a job come in for two houses so a lot of materials will be needed.
Didn't you hear about the multi shortage were all restricted to 3 bags a day that's why were finished for 11.00. that's what I'm sticking to anyway:sisi:

• Funny
Reactions: Djr
You phone up all
Go call in or email the local merchants and ask for a price or drop in a list with your email address on for prices to be sent. Take the best ones.

if you only have 2 houses to plaster you don't need bulk materials. for small order like that is nothing to a merchant. you will need to have bank reference if you have no other accounts they can check up on.

you can get good quotes for direct loads from builders merchants as they are delivered direct to you and the merchant has not got to handle it. a direct load is a full lorry load so you do need to have storage.

Your not going to get big discounts on that alone.

Would be surprised if cheaper than wickes for powder and boards then Internet for accessories even then you won't need enough to warrant buying the bulk you would need for good discounts.

I have one. Comes in handy. I can send anyone in to get stuff and put it on my account. All they have to do is sign for it.

I never have credit with builders merchants and to be honest for plaster and board the likes of wickes with their trade card makes them competitive and they are pretty much always open...

When I was doing our place up I used Travis but we had to haggle hard to get prices

If cash flow is a issue get a intrest free Visa, just make sure you hit the minimum ammounts before deadline and pay in full asap.

Danny just got the wickes trade card and to be honest you're right having 10% off makes it a lot more competitive. It's obviously something worth thinking about though I think as we go through a lot of materials... Unless you're on site

When I worked in mk I would get pallets of finish dropped off at my yard as I was not very near any stockists and became a ballache...

The price was not great but it was more convenient to pop round to my yard and get plaster and beads than to to all the way to a merchant