Can anyone recommend me a course in the East Midlands

Members online

J88

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent basic plastering course somewhere in the East Midlands area.

Ideally Part Time evenings or weekends?

Also on a somewhat related note for future reference what is the quickest way to get NVQ2?

Thanks for the help

Goldtrowel is the best centre for short courses....its in Essex, more important to go somewhere good than somewhere close

Does anyone have experience Trade-Ability in Nottingham. They have some reasonable cost, beginners courses, which can also be done at weekends.

Although not expecting t pick up loads, its like a decent entry level course?

After my first post last year I haven't given up on switching careers - job now is really doing my head in.

Does anyone have experience Trade-Ability in Nottingham. They have some reasonable cost, beginners courses, which can also be done at weekends.

Although not expecting t pick up loads, its like a decent entry level course?

After my first post last year I haven't given up on switching careers - job now is really doing my head in.
Are you to old to take a drop in wages by working with a gang or firm and learning the trade from the bucket?

Are you to old to take a drop in wages by working with a gang or firm and learning the trade from the bucket?

Probably so, would depend on the pay and hours available but will be tough to drop far below £100/day and I don't think I'm going to get near that as a novice and no plastering qualifications or experience.

Might start painting and decorating, if you can piss you can paint right?!

Probably so, would depend on the pay and hours available but will be tough to drop far below £100/day and I don't think I'm going to get near that as a novice and no plastering qualifications or experience.

Might start painting and decorating, if you can piss you can paint right?!
Painting and decorating? That’s a hobby or something you do to relax not work. I don’t know about your area but I suspect you will find it hard going especially if there are a lot of plasterers in your area

It's based in Newark and ran out of a big set of sheds behind the owners house, I went for a look when I was looking at courses, one to avoid

It's based in Newark and ran out of a big set of sheds behind the owners house, I went for a look when I was looking at courses, one to avoid

Thanks Logan,

I know you recommend the gold trowel courses don't you.

Will have to look into them more and consider taking holiday to do course

Thanks Logan,

I know you recommend the gold trowel courses don't you.

Will have to look into them more and consider taking holiday to do course
Everyone calls me logan:(. I started my goldtrowel course 2 years ago on Saturday, its given me a new career so I think very highly of them no matter others opinion