ceiling boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxcroft

Is there any easier way to cut damaged ceiling boards out of a ceiling, other than with a hammer, knife and board saw and just hacking away to it falls, any easier tips out there, it seems to take me hours?

thanks

I don't find cutting the plasterboard too bad generally. The hard part I find is hacking away at the bit that sits on the timber. You need to remove part of this so that the new plasterboard can be srewed / nailed into place.

I tend to cut the board away flush with the timber and then screw a bit of 2x1 or 2x2 timber (or whatever I have knocking about in the van) to the existing ceiling joists. The new plasterboard can be easily fixed into place then, without hacking away at exsiting board to expose a bit of timber to screw into. It's hard to to get the new plasterboard to fit perfectly eitherway, but I just fill any gaps with bonding or adhesive (again anything knocking about in the van) prior to skimming. Never had any problems.

Hope this helps....or at least makes sense ;)

Screw some timber batons through the undamged plasterboard then you can screw the new piece of board onto them. I also find it easier to cut the p/board for the patch first, hold over the hole and mark round it then cut the ceiling/wall board to fit. I know it sounds the wrong way round but it's much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.