ceiling cracks and nail pops

Rusty_mac75

Hi everyone, im new to this forum but im hoping i can get some assistance please. I have a 42 year old home with truss roof and colourbond iron. I have had a large crack between plaster sheets in my lounge ceiling for many years. This year however, im am now getting cracks along every plaster sheet of ceiling plaster, in almost every room of my house. There are also lines of nail pops everywhere. Ive heard of truss uplift, although these cracks are in the plaster joins, there isn't any cracking around the cornice anywhere that i can see. My kitchen extractor fan and bathroom extractors vent into the ceiling cavity and i have good insulation in the ceiling. I am also experiencing creaking floors a lot more than normal. My home is on concrete stumps, between 2 - 4 ft off the ground, and there is no water under the house, and no termites. Both inspected. Can someone please give me assistance on who to contact, what to do, how to fix etc, im really worried that this is going to be a major problem. Im located in central victoria, aust . Thanks Sally

Attachments

• 20190607_202619.jpg
    20190607_202619.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 361
  • 20190607_202648.jpg
    20190607_202648.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 350
  • 20190607_202732.jpg
    20190607_202732.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 323
Hi everyone, im new to this forum but im hoping i can get some assistance please. I have a 42 year old home with truss roof and colourbond iron. I have had a large crack between plaster sheets in my lounge ceiling for many years. This year however, im am now getting cracks along every plaster sheet of ceiling plaster, in almost every room of my house. There are also lines of nail pops everywhere. Ive heard of truss uplift, although these cracks are in the plaster joins, there isn't any cracking around the cornice anywhere that i can see. My kitchen extractor fan and bathroom extractors vent into the ceiling cavity and i have good insulation in the ceiling. I am also experiencing creaking floors a lot more than normal. My home is on concrete stumps, between 2 - 4 ft off the ground, and there is no water under the house, and no termites. Both inspected. Can someone please give me assistance on who to contact, what to do, how to fix etc, im really worried that this is going to be a major problem. Im located in central victoria, aust . Thanks Sally
G'day Sally

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the soil under your house, and what's the weather been like for the past two years (wet/dry)

My home is getting the same with cracks and screw head pops.. Got crack in my lounge going up wall through coving and across ceiling. Think it's ground movement. Just rake and fill.

ive had the nail pops and cracks taped and plastered. Also backblocked in the ceiling, so lets home there isnt much more movement to crack it open again, thanks everyone