Ceilings.

Members online

Fatarm

Trainee mod
Twice this week,two different people asking if I could come and price for plastering ceilings because the other guy they phoned doesn't do ceilings??
One asked if I would do the ceilings and the other plasterer will do the walls???:wtf:.....

Twice this week,two different people asking if I could come and price for plastering ceilings because the other guy they phoned doesn't do ceilings??
One asked if I would do the ceilings and the other plasterer will do the walls???:wtf:.....
I rather do ceilings tbh lol

I would have to tell him to piss off

I'm with zolco, prefer ceilings, nothing to skim around apart from the light cable in the middle

the favourite one is will you come and lay the screeds as our " plasterer" can't screed ?

the favourite one is will you come and lay the screeds as our " plasterer" can't screed ?
I hate screeding, when they say we have the mats already and we sorted a pisshead from the pub to mix and barrow for you, because they tight to order it premixed I rather say I can't do it.

I don’t do round doorways.............go straight over em......easy money.

I love doing ceilings. done a 32 sqm one on my tod last Friday as the other plasterer couldn't handle it. I asked him why he didn't do it he said he doesn't really do ceilings. judging by his walls he don't do them much either

I just couldn't believe if a plasterer said to a customer "I'll do your walls but I can't do your ceilings".....
Embarrassing :endesacuerdo:

Plenty of floor screeding firms round our way through to tear away at it. Our boss does them sometimes right enough, but none the rest us do. No interest in sitting on my knees all day pulling floors. f**k that mate.

Weird. Guy doing some work on my mates rental today asked me if I could do a ceiling at his own house as he could do walls but not ceilings.

Told him I could only do floors!

Plenty of floor screeding firms round our way through to tear away at it. Our boss does them sometimes right enough, but none the rest us do. No interest in sitting on my knees all day pulling floors. f**k that mate.

screeding is a good earner !

screeding is a good earner !
It might be bud, tbh it would need to be. Just doesn't interest me. Done it in small doses and its not for me. Same as boarding. f**k I hate boarding too. Site work or new build its all done for us. Walk in and plaster, Thank god lol

Heard this before . Think it must be older guys as i used to love em as note to go round . ( and sun doesn't hit em lol) but they do my neck in now . My pet hates window walls as i seem to go blind

This is mad. I've had people ask lots of times "do you do ceilings?" And always thought what an odd question but apparently not so!

a “Plasterer” who cannot do ceilings is not a “Plasterer” simple as that..it’s a bit like a “Plasterer” who cannot render??
Any true plasterers that cover every aspect of the trade these days are worth their wait in gold..unfortunately we live in the new age world of skimming merchants:(

I used to enjoy a days setting out beading for floating but dont get to do it much now. I like boarding and coving but dislike slow setting skim on cold days.

I think the float and set days are beginning to become a thing of the past..the dot and dab system has took the skill away from the trade..Most newbies don’t even carry a straight edge these days...:(