Cement board/Weber

Members online

No members online now.

Tinytom

Iv been asked to finish off this little hut type project, the builder has done a runner.
To my untrained eye it looks like the boards have been put on back to front I could be wrong but they are very very shiney, the other side seems nice and rough to provide a decent key here’s a pic
15565ACB-6CA9-4212-80D3-C191DCC73D5E.jpeg
2D2946B7-A547-42C8-8A57-FC729BCF7337.jpeg
Also iv not used the gear that’s been left behind and it’s out of date. There’s a few 10mm beads kicking around but there 90 degrees and these corners obviously aren’t, would stop beads be better?
here’s a pic of the gear. Any advice?
45D784C2-505D-4264-B7DD-FF9EE464DB6A.jpeg
BA0F992F-F2C3-43E2-A306-5773EC602807.jpeg

well weber is right gear. mesh the lot with 6mm weber lac.

you can get a roll of adjustable mesh bead from.wemico for corners. base wise you need 6mm stops.

boards look like resistant multi pro which is a.sheathing board. certianly dont render on the gloss side

well weber is right gear. mesh the lot with 6mm weber lac.

you can get a roll of adjustable mesh bead from.wemico for corners. base wise you need 6mm stops.

boards look like resistant multi pro which is a.sheathing board. certianly dont render on the gloss side
Sound mate, first thing i said the boards don’t look right that side out it’s really glossy. I’ll either take them off and flip over or reboard with something else.
Is the gear being out of date an issue? Also what’s the crack with the tubs? Do you paint on after?

Sound mate, first thing i said the boards don’t look right that side out it’s really glossy. I’ll either take them off and flip over or reboard with something else.
Is the gear being out of date an issue? Also what’s the crack with the tubs? Do you paint on after?
Trowel the buckets on as tight as possible then rub up with a plastic float.

Have you not done a thin coat system before pal?

No mate never YouTube it is
It’s easy Tom but as Zombie said it can also be well f**k*d up too.
You can’t put the finish on tight enough. The aggregate is the finish depth so crunch it on. Let it pick up slightly and then tight circles with a plastic float. This time of year it’ll be slow and draggy though. Keep your float well cleaned.

It’s easy Tom but as Zombie said it can also be well f**k*d up too.
You can’t put the finish on tight enough. The aggregate is the finish depth so crunch it on. Let it pick up slightly and then tight circles with a plastic float. This time of year it’ll be slow and draggy though. Keep your float well cleaned.
Cheers mate, it looks straight forward to me. I imagine the base coat needs to be nice and flat and smooth? At 1.5mm it’s not going to cover much of an imperfection

Cheers mate, it looks straight forward to me. I imagine the base coat needs to be nice and flat and smooth? At 1.5mm it’s not going to cover much of an imperfection
It’s tough to get the base perfect in winter. It’s poly modded so needs to nearly set before it’ll take a wipe with a sponge. If you can’t get the trowel lines out with a sponge then get it as close as you can with a spat. The finish covers the base better than you might think.
You’ll piss it

It’s tough to get the base perfect in winter. It’s poly modded so needs to nearly set before it’ll take a wipe with a sponge. If you can’t get the trowel lines out with a sponge then get it as close as you can with a spat. The finish covers the base better than you might think.
You’ll piss it
Cheers pal the good thing is it’s small panels so easy to keep on top of