Changing brushes on megamixer

Olican

Private Member
Morning all, Anyone changed brushes on a megamixer? Am I better taking it to a tool repair shop or is it straight forward. Thanks for any pointers :)

Morning all, Anyone changed brushes on a megamixer? Am I better taking it to a tool repair shop or is it straight forward. Thanks for any pointers :)
Usually two opposing large screws either side of motor case 4-6" from bottom , just unscrew and pop new ones in , never owned a £300 mixer I thought the posh ones were brushless lol

I also thought the posh ones had overload protection does the mega ?

Usually two opposing large screws either side of motor case 4-6" from bottom , just unscrew and pop new ones in , never owned a £300 mixer I thought the posh ones were brushless lol
Good point, I'll check it has brushes first. I'm going through process of elimination. Switch is fine and power running to motor

I've had mine 15 years now it's still working fine . Definitely get another if it dies
I'm sure the quality is higher but related to a £50 one of same power it's not my choice , anyway , does it have overload protection ?

Good point, I'll check it has brushes first. I'm going through process of elimination. Switch is fine and power running to motor
Sometimes brushes can get stuck even with the springs pressing , burnt carbon solidifies with moisture ( not common problem ) just make sure you clean out the housing properly before replacing

Took it apart to its bare bones, no brushes. Power runs to motor , switch is fine. Just won't turn :(:berrinche:

Just send it to Refina for a service, won't cost you a lot, I've had to twice with mine, I have two megamixers now so if one goes in I have a spare.

Can't help you Oli, if it's brushless it's got electo magnets which are switched by a controller circuit , I'm guessing it won't rotate for that reason so unless you can check wires to these your stuffed, doubt if £20 will cover it , good luck

Can't help you Oli, if it's brushless it's got electo magnets which are switched by a controller circuit , I'm guessing it won't rotate for that reason so unless you can check wires to these your stuffed, doubt if £20 will cover it , good luck
Thanks for your input bud

I can help you with a link to an eBay special lol
Few months back, some guys working next door chucked a mixer in their skip. Resisited the urge to take it and then curiosity got the better of me.
Only a Aldi special, but took it in the house for a few days to dry out and works fine...just needed a new paddle and id got an old one so now got a spare mixer, which i now use for knocking up a bucket of combo or self levelling.

Tool shops are generally just fumbling their way through fixes. Pay someone minimum wage to fix stuff.
I sent mine in ages ago for a new wire because I didn’t have the time or the inclination to do it and it came back without the variable trigger. Had to strip it back down myself to fix it.
Just do it all myself now. Strip my mixers down every so often to de s**t them. Only takes 15 minutes and they run great afterwards.

Like box of frogs says, the springs do s**t up so if you strip them down and keep the brush springs clean and moving they’ll last for donkeys.

Chelston rewinds in Torquay mate, take my power tools there for any repairs. Next to brewers and Brandon tool hire on the woodland estate round the corner from inter line.