Cheap electric spray Gun

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Has anyone tried these for pva or primer application, I've tried a small £5 draper pump hand held spray bottle but been thinking maybe these electric £40-£80 electric ones might be good for spraying primers or watered down pva, the likes of screwfix etc sell them between 40 and 80 quid , thought it's worth asking on here before I waste my money

IMG_0369.JPG
IMG_0370.JPG

Has anyone tried these for pva or primer application, I've tried a small £5 draper pump hand held spray bottle but been thinking maybe these electric £40-£80 electric ones might be good for spraying primers or watered down pva, the likes of screwfix etc sell them between 40 and 80 quid , thought it's worth asking on here before I waste my money

View attachment 19583 View attachment 19584

that may be better than my compressor that blew its oil all over my garage and is even noisier now :-D

You will need to thin. It won't like thick Pva plus 10mins to clean and fiddle with seals. You got to put vasiline on one. I don't think the one in picture will do the job. I have wagner wall perfect £100. Duck back fence treatment is the thickest thing I put through. I don't think it will work with Pva.. you will need something more powerful

Quickest way I've found is a pump bottle spray all the corners, then roller on pole. Spray bottle is always filled and ready , large paint tub with clip on lid always filled and ready with rollers inside. No setting up. Coat a room in 5 mins

What's wrong with a 12 inch roller and tray? When done wrap roller in cling film. Will store nicely for a few days wrapped up.. Always start day with a dry tray though as it can get messy so I have several trays. Summer is easy to dry trays but winter I line up in garage. Trouble with spray gun is, Pva will be everywhere. Over windows, doors and skirting. I remember the 80s. Seen a old boy with worn out 4 inch brush putting on Pva out a bucket. Never took much notice but how did he manage that?

Quickest way I've found is a pump bottle spray all the corners, then roller on pole. Spray bottle is always filled and ready , large paint tub with clip on lid always filled and ready with rollers inside. No setting up. Coat a room in 5 mins

never seem to get a good coverage with spray...

A good thick big brush for the edges.corners then a big shag pile roller was always the quickest and most consistent :D