CITB Levy

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

No members online now.
D

Deleted member 23452

So everyone working in the industry classed as an employer (LTD Co, people with employees, people who use subbies etc) has to be registered with the CITB. If you don't register, they register you anyway and then you have to fill in a levy return even if you fall below the £80k wage/subbie payment threshold.

Another load of bollox paperwork that has to be filled in to keep some desk jockey in a job. :mad:

i havent had anything from.them i the 5yrs ive been set up

Nor had I, but it only kicked off in 2016 (I think) and they've changed the rules/regs for 2018. I got a letter today where they'd registered me and the first sentence is "From information we have available to us, we have reason to believe that you are an employer within the construction industry and as such we have placed you on our register of in-scope employers."

As it's government legislation I presume it'll be pulled from HMRC, CIS, companies house or something similar. :rolleyes:

Been getting the levy returns off citb for years wanting to know employer n subbie figures. Good if the big boys are chipping into new trades costs but no decent structure anymore making it easy for practible minded kids leaving school to get on a proper trade course even though firms get subsidised through citb while training them, it's not producing enough new trades imo.
Citb has been useful to me in reducing the cost of courses and training I've had to do to qualify for some tendering contracts.

2% citb payments have been out for 40 years at least.
big time plastering firms would try to stop the payment from the subbies, but they cannot stop anything from a payment without the persons permission, so they had to build the payment into the price.

the citb, construction industry training board, will try to back date payments off a firm unless the firm has apprentices.

big time plastering firms would try to stop the payment from the subbies, but they cannot stop anything from a payment without the persons permission, so they had to build the payment into the price.

the citb, construction industry training board, will try to back date payments off a firm unless the firm has apprentices.
oo ive had an apprentice for 2.years.. and ive not had a penny off anyone for it either

firms i know have been hammered alot of money due to citb 2%.
have been told to back pay or risk court.
again no an apprentice onsite...with the subbies being paid short every week.

Has anyone ever just ignored this form? I’ve done it for the last 3 years while I’ve had apprentices but I haven’t got one now. It’s a massive pain in the arse working out exactly how much I’ve paid out to each and every bloody subcontractor!

Has anyone ever just ignored this form? I’ve done it for the last 3 years while I’ve had apprentices but I haven’t got one now. It’s a massive pain in the arse working out exactly how much I’ve paid out to each and every bloody subcontractor!

I'll be emailing the accountant on Monday to get the figures. To me ignoring it's going to be one of those 'more trouble than it's worth' forms.