Complete novice wants training - wages = tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgphilpott

Hi.

I'm shortly gonna do a 2 week intensive plastering course 4 an introduction to the trade and am looking for training from an experienced plasterer in the kent area. Will work for nothing except tea which i know i'll have to make!. Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks Chris

doesnt sound to me like you need any mate, you seem to have exactly the right attitude...
one thing though..plastering is hard graft doin it for real, different story doin one wall one a training course..
tea is something you make when theres othing else to do...
work like a very hard working person....and make tea in the gaps..other than that..good luck mate ;)

dont offer yourself for free fella but be prepared to work for less than min rate, £40 a day
work is very tight at the moment, so u have to keep looking.
i was very lucky 5 years ago right time right place spoke to the best plasterer in southy yorkshire.
good luck

where  you live in kent mate and how old are you??

I live in Gravesend Kent and i'm 32 years old and look every day of it. Been a bakery manager for 8 years, only did it cause i kneeded the dough (boom boom!). Goin all out for career change. I know it's totally wrong time to do it but i've set my mind on it and i'm going to make it work.

are you any good at making tea  ;D

Traditional tradesmens tea should be brewed for 11 hours and served with 17 sugars. My record is 4 cups in 1 minute and i even break the biscuits in half.

so what course are you doing ??(goldtrowel)??
have you done any plastering? or have any idea about it at the mo??

so what course are you doing ??(goldtrowel)??
have you done any plastering? or have any idea about it at the mo??
Gonna do weeks intensive course at able skills in Dartford with a view to perhaps doin some extra weeks depending on what i get out of it. Knowledge basically zero but went with my sister in laws father for a day to see what it's all about and thought it looked like something i'd enjoy. Just researching everything at mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.