Compressor and Gun for Tyrolean

Members online

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
After buying a Ritmo I no longer have the will power to hand ball anything.

I'm after a compressor and bits for spraying Tyrolean.

We only used bagged products. Find they go through machines better and no blockages from bigger aggregates.

Only do it now and again so don't need anything amazing just to do the job.

Ian at PFT Wales has recommended something but just getting options from everyone.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we always apply tyrolean by hand held gun as you do need total control to get an even pattern.

years ago we had a pump for tyrolean on a farm silo, we had no control at all, no material then half a bucket full at once. no good what so ever but farmer was impressed

Jordan you can use refina hopper with a compressor from machine mart, sprayed loads of Cullamix/site mix etc without probs, looks spot on. Just don't have the air pressure too high needs to spit out if you know what I mean.

Make sure you buy good connectors for the air hose and compressor, and tape the joints with PTFE tape. The connectors the come with the compressors are shite and leak

Hey up
if any one could find the time to get back to me it would be much appreciated
could you put good old render through the hopper for a tyrollean finish

I've got a marshalltown sharpshooter hopper gun which is good and a cheapo toolmaker compressor. I have a 10m hose from compressor to gun.
I've had this set up for about 8 years and not had a problem yet.
I've not tried an ordinary sand cement mix through it tho.

There's no reason why normal sand and cement wouldn't work. As long as it's kept well mixed before it goes in the hopper. Don't let the mortar settle too much.
Only problem might be bad sand with shells or random aggregates in it.

Hi Guys
I Just bought one of these, can I fire sand, cement slurry through it with lime and feb and get a good result? 2092ACFC-F43B-4E6D-8045-707EEA9A0762.jpeg

I've got a marshalltown sharpshooter hopper gun which is good and a cheapo toolmaker compressor. I have a 10m hose from compressor to gun.
I've had this set up for about 8 years and not had a problem yet.
I've not tried an ordinary sand cement mix through it tho.
Hi mate , which compressor u got from machine and Mart ? And is it 2hp ?

The good one is the PFT LK and the Meko v-400

The Meko is very small and light, no tank and oil free.

But it is expensive. I have one, can pick it up with one hand and might yet just come up for sale. Got a swing gun and new 19mm hose coming up for sale too.

Av got the pft compressor and a hopper gun. Mint for tyro. Use it for micro and for spraying tanking. Decent for spraying small areas of bucket coats gives a neat finish.

The good one is the PFT LK and the Meko v-400

The Meko is very small and light, no tank and oil free.

But it is expensive. I have one, can pick it up with one hand and might yet just come up for sale. Got a swing gun and new 19mm hose coming up for sale too.
Av emailed you about the swing gun John.
@Rigsby

Av got the pft compressor and a hopper gun. Mint for tyro. Use it for micro and for spraying tanking. Decent for spraying small areas of bucket coats gives a neat finish.
Is it similar to that video above mate ?

I am so going to go down this route, too old to use the tyrolean gun now. Just one silly question though, I've always used the bagged cullomix for a tyrolean finish & washed/sharp sand for a heavier finish (roughcast) what are you guys using with this hopper, normal building sand?

I am so going to go down this route, too old to use the tyrolean gun now. Just one silly question though, I've always used the bagged cullomix for a tyrolean finish & washed/sharp sand for a heavier finish (roughcast) what are you guys using with this hopper, normal building sand?
Never use normal building sand for any render.

I have used Johnstones ocr for tyrolean through the hopper and it was ok.

Used it for pointing and its better than easipoint and a third of the price.

Dont know if the vid below works but this is Jay Worthington using my Swing gun for tyrolean. Product is mixed up Parex gm through the ritmo. Meko compressor.

I have used Johnstones ocr for tyrolean through the hopper and it was ok.

Used it for pointing and its better than easipoint and a third of the price.

Dont know if the vid below works but this is Jay Worthington using my Swing gun for tyrolean. Product is mixed up Parex gm through the ritmo. Meko compressor.

Doesn’t look like I can upload the vid.

Speed 1.5 6mm nose cap. Dabble with the air.

Any idea how to upload a vid Danny?

Does any one have any idea if you need a certain hose for a air compressor to spray tyrolean and silicone texture or will any off amazon do? I have the gun and will have a PFT Gentlin compressor to use for this

Thanks in advance

Does any one have any idea if you need a certain hose for a air compressor to spray tyrolean and silicone texture or will any off amazon do? I have the gun and will have a PFT Gentlin compressor to use for this

Thanks in advance
any hose will do just get the right ends

Not cheap I payed 250 for the gun about the same for the compressor.
It will work on a smaller compressor.
If you do a lot well worth the cash.will spray an orange peel texture real nice.
Use tarmac ocr as tyrolyn dogs nuts mt.

Not cheap I payed 250 for the gun about the same for the compressor.
It will work on a smaller compressor.
If you do a lot well worth the cash.will spray an orange peel texture real nice.
Use tarmac ocr as tyrolyn dogs nuts mt.
I just got a cheap metabo compressor that does the job. Noisy though cause it’s filling up a lot