condesation prob in bathroom

Members online

les127

hi customer has got a little problem with condensation on bathroom ceiling (lots of litttle black spots) i assume from lack of an fan/extractor in the room.ive told her she needs one in really and shes getting that done.the ceiling in general is very old (with also what looks like destemper paint on ,so was going to over board it,would i be better using foil backed boards to over board it?,thanks for any advice offered lads,regards les

I don’t think folk backed will do anything as the moisture is in the room. Open windows and tell her to get a decent fan, not a cheap one or there’s no point

Just a thought is there a sealer or something that could be painted over the black spots then painted as an alternative to over boarding it thanx

thanks guy ive went for a product called zinsser perma white which has some additives to stop the mould coming back through,saves me from boarding,and skimming it,lol
thanks guys for your advice

We worked for a chemist and asked him what was in that he said it was basically bleach so just buy a bottle and a sponge or if you want to waste money buy the other stuff.

Don’t do it. It’s lifestyle.
Small unventilated room full of hot steamy soapy water, being splashed about by naked lady, as she slowly and sensuously lathers her lean tanned body.........oops soz’ thinking out loud again......doh!

Question:
What would foil on the back of a plasterboard pressed up against the original ceiling achieve?

Answer:
Nothing.

Wasting your time pal,just standard board it.