Corner roller

Paul17

Hi all ,

I carry out the customer care for a house builder and part of this is replacing internal corner tapes.
I struggle getting that sharp 90 degree and am thing about getting a corner roller .
Any thoughts much appreciated.

Paul

Hi all ,

I carry out the customer care for a house builder and part of this is replacing internal corner tapes.
I struggle getting that sharp 90 degree and am thing about getting a corner roller .
Any thoughts much appreciated.

Paul

are you snagging paul ??

No need if you’re just snagging. Use fibafuse tape from Belmore. Impossible for it to blow unless you are a total fucktard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi ,
Thanks for the replies, yes I carry out the snagging not just tapes but all trades.
The tapes sometimes blow , ripple ,water damage or have been cut out for access.
These are occupied and after I have finished the customers are looking closely at what I have done .
When the boards are short of the ceiling it can be difficult to get that sharp 90 degree .
I just looked at the fibafuse tape and it looks good for problem areas .

Thanks

Whats a corner roller
Think he means these

EBFFA8AC-DFAD-4B69-B218-CE580AA8A4F4.jpeg

Hi ,

Yes that is the roller . Have you ever used one ?
Yes I have a corner trowel which is OK and I can get a decent angle with that and a straight trowel but sometimes when there are gaps at the top of the wall board it's more difficult. For me the customer will inspect that corner and expect it to be perfect . Sometimes the following day I may have to tidy up the angle with some more filler which is a pain .

Thanks for the replies

Hi ,

Yes that is the roller . Have you ever used one ?
Yes I have a corner trowel which is OK and I can get a decent angle with that and a straight trowel but sometimes when there are gaps at the top of the wall board it's more difficult. For me the customer will inspect that corner and expect it to be perfect . Sometimes the following day I may have to tidy up the angle with some more filler which is a pain .

Thanks for the replies
If you've got a gap behind where the tape is going you'd be better off filling it out first with something quick setting. Easifil maybe.
Once you've got a solid background you should be able to get a good tight angle using an internal trowel.
If the job has been bodged the first time round do it properly when you go back.