Council charging for waste now!

Members online

So I know this isn't exactly an interesting topic but where I live in Ashford, Kent the council are now charging £6 per sheet or bag of plasterboard and £4 per sack of rubble/hardcore, plaster once set is classed as rubble so as you can imagine this is going to add up.
Who knows of a better way in getting rid of waste. Other local councils are also charging so that's out the question.
It's stupid, going to cost more disposing of waste than it actually is buying the materials.

If you actually think how much crap comes on to sites, people's homes ect everything is over packaged these days you buy a wooden spoon it's got bubble wrap, polystyrene in a box in a box in a box! If you buy something from likes of ikea or wherever you could build what you bought out of the packaging :ROFLMAO: terrible today how bad it's got from having one bin outside your house to people now building houses for there bins! Lol

So I know this isn't exactly an interesting topic but where I live in Ashford, Kent the council are now charging £6 per sheet or bag of plasterboard and £4 per sack of rubble/hardcore, plaster once set is classed as rubble so as you can imagine this is going to add up.
Who knows of a better way in getting rid of waste. Other local councils are also charging so that's out the question.
It's stupid, going to cost more disposing of waste than it actually is buying the materials.
How can they charge £6 per sheet of board. Do you mean per off cut ?

I have an Albanian friend who does deliverys uplifts etc. He bought an old people carrier and took out the seats, good service !

Same as lurpy we pay they pay simple as it's only gonna get worse in all aspects of waste management in this country! Be outta control in years if something doesn't change soon.
It is a f**k**g joke, no wonder people fly tip, don't do it myself as i have a concience, been tempted a few times though .

It is a f**k**g joke, no wonder people fly tip, don't do it myself as i have a concience, been tempted a few times though .
I think best way for people without access to skips is to store it for a while and get some Joey to take away just don't leave any letters or anything with a address as the f**k**s probably fly tip it lol.

I think best way for people without access to skips is to store it for a while and get some Joey to take away just don't leave any letters or anything with a address as the f**k**s probably fly tip it lol.
Yes no receits or paperwork/paper trail, only used condoms and rubble bags with shite the wrong kind of paper in (y)

If it’s a bigger job I usually encourage the customer to buy their own skip
Or foreigner I’ll bag the waste up and they can take it to the tip in their cars

Dig a big hole in the garden and bury it. The soil you dig out can be got rid of as in "The Great Escape".

I have said it before... a skip car....

I dont think it should be down to the customer to sort the rubbish out so I have always taken it away then normally waited till I have had a car full then drive to the household waste and dump it like all the other DIYers.

My terms always say client disposes of my carefully bagged waste - if I do it, it becomes hazardous waste the instant it goes into my van according to the council. Hippo bags are a good option for domestics, and they will take plasterboard if its all in the same bag.

I have waste licence to take stuff away. I also charge to dump it... I don't blame council for changing as someone has to pay. The answer is to pile up at home and get a skip of pay council £4 a bag but charge customer £7.50 a bag or leave it at job. Simple... Skips for plasterboard are £120 or fill a bag (£6) which is smaller than a skip is also £120..general waste is £120 in skip but don't put plasterboard in it.. Prices are my local area cost

My terms always say client disposes of my carefully bagged waste - if I do it, it becomes hazardous waste the instant it goes into my van according to the council. Hippo bags are a good option for domestics, and they will take plasterboard if its all in the same bag.

You need a waste carriers license anyway... even for that packet of crisps you ate on the way home

Even if it's a pensioner?
I ask if they have someone to help and if not I’ll take it I’m not that cruel! To be fair old people normally have very small jobs for some reason. It’s the only time I’d be arsed to patch a plug socket if they’re old and adorable.

I once finished a job for this 90 year old in his little art shop and when I’d done he asked if I’d give him a lift home! Had to half carry him and buckle him in!

I ask if they have someone to help and if not I’ll take it I’m not that cruel! To be fair old people normally have very small jobs for some reason. It’s the only time I’d be arsed to patch a plug socket if they’re old and adorable.

I once finished a job for this 90 year old in his little art shop and when I’d done he asked if I’d give him a lift home! Had to half carry him and buckle him in!
I need few bits patching old and adorable
Screenshot_20190718-134601_FaceApp.jpg

I once did a small job for an elderly lady, she tried to pay me from a bag of coins.