Cove adhesive

Buy 100 plastic box for s shape and and find something 8mm to pack the bottom so cove sits correctly. So the base is 92mm but stands 82mm high in block if correctly packed with 8mm packer. Size is written on the back of coving anyway but I think I'm right... I use block like picture and powdered cove adhesive plus always dab Pva or something on cut edges so it done shrink or crack. I always put adhesive in joints so it oozes out. Last lot of cove adhesive was from wickes but hard to find it, but any fast set works like easyfill 20. Also blocks on net for coving that are adjustable. I'll go look later for links

s-l400.jpg
I got one of these to do the job. I marked the measurement. But a packer makes sense as I was struggling to keep it on mark while cutting.
Nice tip. Sometimes the obvious it's overlooked. Ta
PVA to cut edges is something that I have done before but kinda thought I was being over the top. And neglected it on last couple of rooms. They did only have internal cnrs.
Will have to pull myself back into line.

With these blocks you need to pack up the height so cove sits in block nice and level. Without packing the cove height it will throw out the angle.

Those black plaster gyproc mitre boxes were the best . You didn’t need to pack the coving up. Can’t get hold of them anymore . They are like rocking horse s**t. Anyone know where I can get one ?

Those black plaster gyproc mitre boxes were the best . You didn’t need to pack the coving up. Can’t get hold of them anymore . They are like rocking horse s**t. Anyone know where I can get one ?
Yes mate DIY shop baq or wicks I have 4 were r u mate mite help u

I can't get any either..
You sure they are definitely the gyproc mitre boxes ? I’ve searched all over the net and go in wicked and bq everyday and I can’t find them
Discontinued. Won't get one anywhere. Only way is to buy a 100mm and stick 17mm packer at the bottom. That will give you 83mm (127mm cove) and do the job the same. I've ordered twice off B&Q website and different block has come. It's all wrong on the website

I can't get any either..

Discontinued. Won't get one anywhere. Only way is to buy a 100mm and stick 17mm packer at the bottom. That will give you 83mm (127mm cove) and do the job the same. I've ordered twice off B&Q website and different block has come. It's all wrong on the website
Make one use your brain

I can't get any either..

93 not 83

93 not 83
67mm 83mm 92mm for the three sizes of coving... I did say 83mm as the question was for the Gyproc plastic block which is for the 127mm cove. I used to pack that to 67mm (100mm cove) the block is no good for the S cove though, it's to small

I can't get any either..

Why discontinue them . They were mint

Use a mitre box to cut it, cove adhesive or board adhesive to fit it, but remember that the BG cornice is not supposed to be fitted equally on the ceiling and down the wall.
92mm out the ceiling and 84mm down the wall if my memory serves me correctly.

Why discontinue them . They were mint
Artex side has gone wrong. Artex Gyproc trade stand was a joke. They were promoting joint fillers and wall smoothers. I asked about what the future plans were but got nothing interesting. Walked away thinking they have lost their way. Also think these diy cutting tools for coving is what most at using. I myself used to get 40-80 boxes of cove delivered direct every few months but put about 10 boxes up last year. That's a dead market for me

Use a mitre box to cut it, cove adhesive or board adhesive to fit it, but remember that the BG cornice is not supposed to be fitted equally on the ceiling and down the wall.
92mm out the ceiling and 84mm down the wall if my memory serves me correctly.
And don’t put it upside down like I did once . Got halfway round room . Got away with it though.