Coving

Stewie03

I went to quote a job today it's just one wall it's blown to f**k and needs to come off to brick but there is fancy coving all around the room and the customer doesn't want me to take it off I've been a site monkey for years so new to domestics to any spread thats experienced in domestics is it possible to leave the coving on and dot and dab up to the coving

I went to quote a job today it's just one wall it's blown to f**k and needs to come off to brick but there is fancy coving all around the room and the customer doesn't want me to take it off I've been a site monkey for years so new to domestics to any spread thats experienced in domestics is it possible to leave the coving on and dot and dab up to the coving
Depends if coving stay up when you knocked rest of. Then either rough wall back out or if poss dot 9.5 mm on if needed

So basically if I go down the route of dabbing it up to the coving it will crack along it mate

if it’s a downstairs room, probably yeah. Coving was designed to hide the wall meeting the ceiling. If you have do it just get the board tight to it

If you aren't sure of a job my advice would be to leave it. Only jobs I've got caught on over the years are the ones I wasn't 100% sure on how to do them, under stair winder for example. Most of the time it isn't worth the stress and worry for a day or 2s money in my opinion

Shouldn't crack , apart from any shrinkage , leave 2" gap at top of board , fill with dab , tape the join , lol

oh yeah great idea ya rough slag. That line will end up Straight as dale winton
Lol ,
Screw coving to secure
Remove wall crap
Rake out the odd patch behind bottom lip of coving ( if enough hasn't fallen out )
Board up walls leave approx 2" gap at top
Do all walls and then go round filling gap
Tape the joint between the band of dab and boards
Lol why's that rough

1. Two inch down from cornice use a Stanley/multi tool and cut through to bricks - plaster should then fall away if blown.
2. Cut a v-groove into old plaster below cornice and PVA.
3. Float & set wall up to the plaster/cornice .
4. Job done...days work - £400

1. Two inch down from cornice use a Stanley/multi tool and cut through to bricks - plaster should then fall away if blown.
2. Cut a v-groove into old plaster below cornice and PVA.
3. Float & set wall up to the plaster/cornice .
4. Job done...days work - £400
Plus materials on top of the £400.