Crazing all over ??

Stanbra

I skimmed my kitchen and living room 2/3 month ago and cracks are appearing all over.

Some are where pipes have been chased into wall, and where its a fully bonded up wall. Which I have read its something to do with the suction and heat from pipes.

But there is also places where it was just over old plaster which is above log burner.

How do I repair the crazing/cracks... Scrm tape the lot and reskim ?
I've tried using gyproc easy fill but cracks back open.
Any help/tips would be appreciated lads

Go get a small tin of b.i.n red one that’s been sitting for a while, and some sticks from the costa machine or lolly pop sticks, grab the gunk at the bottom smear it in the gaps and wipe the excess off, you can always put another coat on, then paint over,

Or get a bottle, drill a hole in the lid, thread some string through the hole pee in bottle then swing around over your head and prey to the gods, just don’t let go of the string....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plaster whether it was lime or gypsum based did well around fires because they used to have tiled concrete surrounds or stone or slate ect and the heat got nowhere near them. Gypsum plasters in the vast majority of cases will not perform well next log burners and flues (even insulated flues in certain cases) over the long term. I started refusing to skim near them a good while ago now and advise on alternative's.

Plaster whether it was lime or gypsum based did well around fires because they used to have tiled concrete surrounds or stone or slate ect and the heat got nowhere near them. Gypsum plasters in the vast majority of cases will not perform well next log burners and flues (even insulated flues in certain cases) over the long term. I started refusing to skim near them a good while ago now and advise on alternative's.
Such as what mate ?

Should have meshed it pal. Put a milf pic up too to win favour with the regulars on here :rolleyes:

Such as what mate ?
Brick slips, tiling but adhesive must be solid bed with no air pockets. Go back to bare brick if poss. S&C if poss but, pargette to look like stone. Granite or slate slabs, usually ordered from lads who do worktops. I have even seen sheet copper or aluminium checker plate used.

What mesh ? Never used it before mate. Not long out my time and mostly on new builds apart from private jobs. So still wet behind the ears haha
Milf pic first then advice later. Here endeth the lesschon
download (5).jpg

What mesh ? Never used it before mate. Not long out my time and mostly on new builds apart from private jobs. So still wet behind the ears haha
Polycell base coat,,, do one wall before taking drastic action.
2 coats very effective on hairline cracks below 1mm

Now spill your knowledge !
Great pic and apologies for late reply. There is a render mesh you can bed into your 1st coat on a reskim it's like a giant roll of fibatape but not sticky (unless you wank over it?) Then second coat as normal. This prevents any potential crazing. They sell cheap versions of it on EBay but avoid it as it's f**k**g s**t. Use Weber or parex mesh. Weber you can pick up at any Travis Perkins and about £45 including the dreaded vat. Any more questions give me a shout mate as you have good taste in MILFS

Doing 15 m2 of walls that have crazed in a extension ,,,filled any large cracks then 2 coats of this if walls are not bouncing.
20180307_153233.jpg