Crows feet

Members online

megamix

Where skim has come away from sand and cement . Even when I put neat pva on it stills cracks and gets crows feet . Shall I put sbr in first ?

Don't think we need skimming advice from you. Not til you've mastered knocking up anyway.

Nightmare today wrong radio station luckily only 6 bags today

Although always heard the microgobetis is good but imagine that's cos it's meant for external....but haven't used it so not sure

I thought grit creates a ‘new surface’ which means it’s suction should always be consistent.

Could be wrong tho hardly use it
Grit is mint for low suction like silk paint . I’ve used it on bare plaster and skim pulls in faster than using pva . I just though I’d try sbr on the sand cement patches don’t want to sbr the whole wall because I’d be skimming same day and can imagine skim running down walls

Grit is mint for low suction like silk paint . I’ve used it on bare plaster and skim pulls in faster than using pva . I just though I’d try sbr on the sand cement patches don’t want to sbr the whole wall because I’d be skimming same day and can imagine skim running down walls
Did you see what I wrote for you to use ? , apply that over everything there it will be fine and ready to skim within 15 minutes

Where skim has come away from sand and cement . Even when I put neat pva on it stills cracks and gets crows feet . Shall I put sbr in first ?
Masonry primer like sandtex or wickes own. All the same stuff and can be bought in 1lt bottles... It's a waterbased polymer type sealer for masonry, so let it dry then pva and bang on plaster. Will bind surface a little and hold off the suction. Also tilers sealer.. Again it's polymer sealer and similar stuff

Was today any better? Did you do the job mega
No the job is next week . But the job I had today was very porus . I was in wickes and bought some water proof pva . It’s £24 5litre. I didn’t make any difference than Normal pva . Next week I will try your sbr method .