Damaged plaster, advice please.

Members online

Jiml86

Sorry if this has been done before. I’ve removed wall tiles which went half way up the wall, scrapped off the adhesive and this is what I’m left with. Any advice greatly appreciated, I’m hoping to have a good enough surface to paint, it’s only a utility room so good enough will do! Thanks, Jim.

Attachments

• 219D4F00-2FCE-4EC2-9824-8FD560ECD54B.jpeg
    219D4F00-2FCE-4EC2-9824-8FD560ECD54B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 198
Sorry if this has been done before. I’ve removed wall tiles which went half way up the wall, scrapped off the adhesive and this is what I’m left with. Any advice greatly appreciated, I’m hoping to have a good enough surface to paint, it’s only a utility room so good enough will do! Thanks, Jim.
Easi fill and sand then same again until it looks ok, or pay a plasterer

I don't get this it'll do approach some people have if it's your home you want it doing right so it looks the part? Pay someone to do it.

I don't get this it'll do approach some people have if it's your home you want it doing right so it looks the part? Pay someone to do it.
It’s a utility room no one will see, you don’t know the guys financial circumstances, if that’s what he wants to do it then so be it. Done it myself over the years when been skint.

It’s a utility room no one will see, you don’t know the guys financial circumstances, if that’s what he wants to do it then so be it. Done it myself over the years when been skint.
You also don't know his financial circumstances just like you don't anyone's the point I was making if you want it doing do it right! If that means shutting the door on it and saving up for a few weeks so be it.

Thanks for the replies! My finances are fine!! I enjoy doing the work myself. The reason good enough will do is most of it will be covered by shelving/ units when it’s done.

Not sure if the pictures show it clearly but the plaster was keyed to help bond the adhesive I assume the easi fill will sort this out too?

You also don't know his financial circumstances just like you don't anyone's the point I was making if you want it doing do it right! If that means shutting the door on it and saving up for a few weeks so be it.
Ok I’m sorry, I’ve done it wrong in the past then. From now on I will close the door and wait till I have the right amount of money before I do anything. Thanks for that

Ok I’m sorry, I’ve done it wrong in the past then. From now on I will close the door and wait till I have the right amount of money before I do anything. Thanks for that
Just a opinion if we were all the same life would be pretty boring! Everyone to there own fella (y)

Thanks for the replies! My finances are fine!! I enjoy doing the work myself. The reason good enough will do is most of it will be covered by shelving/ units when it’s done.

Not sure if the pictures show it clearly but the plaster was keyed to help bond the adhesive I assume the easi fill will sort this out too?

If it'll be hidden anyway and you like jobs, then you could give it a go yourself.

Only thing is, the tools will cost you much the same as a plasterer... about £150 ...

What you could get is the same stuff as dryliners use ... jointing compound. Plaster it on best you can and sand it back. Bada bing. Fair bit of mopping up after though cuz it dunt half make some dust.

Yeah get a load of easifill slapped on and a little electric sander on it. If you spend enough time on it and don't sand it before it's properly set then you could get it looking spot on tbf

f**k*d on your theory that's were presuming gets you! Just saying x

f**k*d on your theory that's were presuming gets you! Just saying x
Still though, my finances are good but I still tackle jobs that I should probably get someone in for as does most on here. I just hate the patter on here when someone comes on for a bit of advice and it’s the usual just pay a plasterer sh ite.

Still though, my finances are good but I still tackle jobs that I should probably get someone in for as does most on here. I just hate the patter on here when someone comes on for a bit of advice and it’s the usual just pay a plasterer sh ite.

You can say shite it's okay. It's ******* you can't say

Why not pay the plasterer bullshit! I dont f**k around with electrics! I suppose it all comes down to the guys skillset some blokes can't even do the easiest of diy tasks!

Why not pay the plasterer bullshit! I dont f**k around with electrics! I suppose it all comes down to the guys skillset some blokes can't even do the easiest of diy tasks!
Tbf it's a small section that's barely going to be seen that a plasterers going to want £150+ for. If the guys in no rush and is half decent at DIY then some filler and sanding is hardly out of the equation. It's the electrical equivalent of changing a single plug to a double. I know next to nothing about electrics but even I can do that

Electrics and plastering is completely different and fine well you know it. You never had a go at repairing your car, joinery work, tiling (if you don’t already do it) painting or do you always call in the person trained in that profession?

Tbf it's a small section that's barely going to be seen that a plasterers going to want £150+ for. If the guys in no rush and is half decent at DIY then some filler and sanding is hardly out of the equation. It's the electrical equivalent of changing a single plug to a double. I know next to nothing about electrics but even I can do that
Trying to get the job here will you shut the f**k up!!! :ROFLMAO: £220

Electrics and plastering is completely different and fine well you know it. You never had a go at repairing your car, joinery work, tiling (if you don’t already do it) painting or do you always call in the person trained in that profession?
I could when cars had tapits and Rocker covers you could take off without stripping the engine:LOL:

Just priced my mechanic some.work . He said he will do some.of.boarding best he can on stud work. I said I.m doing my timing belt best I can next week . We laughed.
Dont think I.ll get job though

706CD7BE-BB21-4ED4-ACFE-93BB0E14B178.jpeg

Just get the c**t painted - I’ve just booked in to my hotel and look at the state of this plasterwork...it’s quality!

get some wood chip.

isn't this basically what they do in the US? but they call it 'mud'
Buts joint cement, which is air drying as opposed to setting. Is not premixed but powdered, you used to be able to get velvet from Lafarg, or joint cement from BG, its been rebranded as Quick Sand recently. Usefull stuff to make invisible repairs.