Damp Proofing (Plaster Removal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathon

Hello
Have a friend who has just got a company to do a quote for her house to be damp proofed, now what they have said is that all her plaster will have to be removed from the walls, right up to the top. Now I may be wrong but I thought it just had to go to a height of 1 meter, any advice would be appreciated as have a feeling they are trying it on, cheers.
Johnathon

Hello Mate
Yes thats what I thought, is there anything extra as opposed to normal skimming you need to do when skimming the wall after a damp proof course, cheers
Johnathon

metre high minimum or 6" above the last sign of damp, whichever is the greater...
although if the old plasters complely shot/blown its a better job to hack the lot off...double the cost though...

Hello
Thanks for the replies, the guy was trying it on, have also spoke to some other guys and they have said same thing, walls are all perfect and solid, also bone dry right down to floor so meter high is more than enough. Young woman living on her own I guess they thought it was worth an extra bob or two. thanks again much appreciated.
Johnathon

Status
Not open for further replies.