Damp under bay window

SteveX

Hello there, I’ve chopped the plaster away down to the brickwork under our bay window because the plaster had blown due to damp which I think was caused by some exterior block work which was level with the damp course which I’ve now taken up.
I’ve repointed where it needed repointing and also had a dehumidifier going on & off for a couple of months.
I now want to seal the internal brickwork before getting the area replastered but I’ve been to a couple of outlets & got the impression the people behind the counter although helpful, didn’t really know too much.
Can anyone recommend a good sealant please.

I’ve posted an image of the area below.

Thank you.

image.jpg

Hello there, I’ve chopped the plaster away down to the brickwork under our bay window because the plaster had blown due to damp which I think was caused by some exterior block work which was level with the damp course which I’ve now taken up.
I’ve repointed where it needed repointing and also had a dehumidifier going on & off for a couple of months.
I now want to seal the internal brickwork before getting the area replastered but I’ve been to a couple of outlets & got the impression the people behind the counter although helpful, didn’t really know too much.
Can anyone recommend a good sealant please.

I’ve posted an image of the area below.

Thank you.

View attachment 28938

So...you've tackled rising damp without taking the skirting off. And now you want to seal above the skirting....? (which is between the floor and the treated area)

So...you've tackled rising damp without taking the skirting off. And now you want to seal above the skirting....? (which is between the floor and the treated area)

I’m not a builder, I’m just a bloke who doesn’t have much money trying to sort a problem with damp. I’ve got a couple of patches in the adjoining hallway as well, although not as big, probably a sq meter or so.

So I should take the skirting off before thinking about sealing the brickwork?

Can you help with the original question?